Thursday, May 2, 2013

He ate a VEGETABLE!!!

We had a great day, but the most exciting thing of the day happened this evening at dinner.  For anyone who knows Hudson he is by far the pickiest eater of all three of my kids at this toddler phase and he is stubborn as all get out.  There are so many things that I know he would enjoy eating, but he just flat out refuses to even take a tiny taste.  So, you can imagine my surprise and excitement tonight when he not only tasted and ate an entire carrot stick dipped in ranch dip, but then asked for MORE!!!  You should have seen the girls and I hooting and hollering for him. :-)  I grabbed my camera and Handley said, "This is going on the blog!" In true Hudson form he will probably go back to not eating them tomorrow, but maybe he will surprise me and stay on this trend for a while.


The rest of our day was our regular Thursday routine (and my favorite day of the school week).  We started with the girls last chapel of the year, then Hudson and I made a quick run to Target before meeting all of his friends at his tumbling class.  He just adores his friends and I know I've said it before, but I love to see him starting to develop friendships.


As we were leaving the class they were all walking out together holding hands and when we separated to go to our own cars he was not happy and I had to reassure him that we would be seeing them in less than 5 minutes when we got to our lunch spot.

After we got the girls from school we had Handley's gymnastics class and then finally made our way home for the rest of the day.  Thursdays are busy, but we only have two more weeks of this schedule and then school is out for summer (and so are all of our extra curricular activities)!

Harper was supposed to have Water Day at school today, but because of the unusually cold weather we have been having they moved a few of the activities indoors so the kids could still have some fun.  She said they still had fun even they her bathing suit she wore to school "didn't even get one drop of wet on it."

Tonight at bedtime Harper informed me that I didn't need to read her any books tonight because she and Handley had worked out a plan and Handley would be reading to her tonight instead. I just LOVED that!

1 comment:

Alison LeBlanc said...

Aw, those girls are so sweet! And I had to laugh at your blog title!