Sunday, May 19, 2013

Little Critter

So if today's events didn't actually happen to me I don't know that I'd believe them.  This morning we woke up to rain and thunder storms so we decided it was the perfect morning to just stay in our PJ's and relax.  Late morning I had just finally gone upstairs to get everyone dressed when we got a call from our agent asking if we were home because someone wanted to see the house.  No problem, I thought.  Then she said they wanted to see it they are in our neighborhood and about to pull in front of our house right now.   I told her we could be out of the house in 5 minutes and then it was a mad dash to put away toys, grab everyones shoes and head out to the garage.  We got everyone in the car and then I ran back inside to grab something and as I walked back into the garage I looked up and saw something crawling along the track of the garage door. I screamed for Robby, he caught a glimpse and then whatever it was hopped into one of the coolers that is on a shelf right beside the garage door track.

Thinking as hard as I could about what I saw I thought it possibly looked like a chipmunk.  Since the people that wanted to see our house were waiting in their car for us to leave Robby said our only options were to leave it or bring the cooler in the car with us.  Neither of which I liked, but I certainly wasn't going to put it in my car so we just drove off and left it there!  I prayed it wouldn't hop out when the people looked in the garage.

I needed a few things from the store so we drove to Wal-Mart and just as we were getting out of the car a huge bolt of lightening struck very close to us.  SO, we just decided to sit in the car and wait it out.  We enjoyed some mighty fine "People of Wal-mart" people watching and when the storm didn't let up we just decided to make our way back home.

When we got back the kids and I sat in the car while Robby investigated the coolers and our little critter situation.  Turns out it was still in the cooler and it was, in fact, a chipmunk.

I told him to take it FAR away to let it go.  We waited out the storm and then loaded up in the truck for the release.  We drove to a little stream that is nearby and Handley was so excited to hop out and help while the rest of us stayed in the truck.

I like to see wildlife from afar, but it freaks me out a little when I see it in my yard and definitely when it is in my garage camping out in one of our coolers.

After all that excitement we came back home to let Hudson nap and Handley and I went back to Wal-Mart and this time actually got what we needed.  It took forever and I was again reminded why I don't do Wal-Mart on the weekends.

Bryn was coming over for dinner tonight and just about the time she was supposed to arrive we got another call that someone was sitting in front of our house and wanted to see it right then.  What are the odds that would happen twice in one day.  This time we just walked next door to visit with our neighbors while these people looked and after they left we had a fun dinner with Bryn, played catch with the kids and ended the night on a game of hide-and-seek.

Tomorrow is our first official day of summer break so we are all hoping for some sunshine so we can do it up right with the kiddie pool in the backyard.

1 comment:

Julie, the mama said...

ok, I laughed all the way through this blog, and loved that you got the chipmunk story documented WITH pictures!

Here's to hoping one of those couples buys that house!