Sunday, October 2, 2011

Boy crazy

Our weekend started off playing in our backyard with some of our neighborhood friends on Friday afternoon.  I feel so lucky to have great friends for the kids and myself in our neighborhood.  It was a very last minute thing, but I treasure these friendships so much and every chance we have to get together.  While the big kids were playing together, Hudson and his buddy, Emerson got to hang out too.  They are just over a month apart and I know they will be fast friends as they get a little older.
 

Saturday after Handley's cheerleading (where she appropriately earned the spirit star award) we came home for a quick lunch, outfit changes, and then headed out for back-to-back birthday parties. The girls were so funny getting dressed.  Since we had cooler temperatures this weekend we had to bust out some of our fall clothes.  Harper looked at what Handley had chosen and told her, "ooooh, that's cute!"  Then she asked her, "You like my outfit?"  And of course, Handley responded with, "Yes!  Harper that is darling."  Ha!  I can just see them as teenagers helping each other pick out clothes.



I took the kids to the first one while Robby got some stuff done and then I took Harper and Hudson to the second one.  It was for one of the little girls in her class and she just loved getting to go to a party by herself.  I loved watching her buzz around the party and interact with her friends.  Most of the kids in her class were there, including her crush, Parker.  She followed him around most of the party and he honestly hardly pays any attention to her, but she doesn't let that stop her.  They hugged goodbye when the party was over and he even kissed her.  It was too cute and she was so happy.  That girl is going to be boy crazy when she is a teenager. :-) Handley was excited to have some one-on-one time with Robby and she informed me that the ice cream truck made another stop by our house.

Today we met up with Jen and (baby) Parker at a new park we'd never visited before.  We all had SO much fun.  Both our husbands were busy with work stuff so we made a day of it...we had a picnic and let the kids play.  The girls loved all of the new playground equipment.


Before that we made a quick run to Party City to try to get a little inspiration for Halloween costumes.  It was all fun and games until Harper spotted someone trying on a scary mask.  She started crying hysterically and backing away as she told me, "Me no like that mean mans.  That's too scary!!!  That's too scary!!!"  I had to carry her the rest of the time we were in there and of course she then spotted every "scary" thing in the store.  Needless to say, we will not be going back to Party City anytime soon.

We spent the rest of the afternoon/evening at home playing.  Hudson has been super fussy all day and I'm not quite sure what's going on with him.  The girls tried to cheer him up by putting on a little concert for us as I was getting him ready for bed.



The girls were off to bed right after Hudson and were worn out from our busy weekend.  When I reminded Harper that she would be going to school tomorrow and seeing all of her friends, she reminded me, "Parker kiss me." Oh my word! Told you she was going to be boy crazy...

4 comments:

Ashleigh Finger said...

So funny! I think that is so cute! And I just noticed how blue Hudson's eyes are getting!! They grow up and change so fast don't they?!

Jennifer said...

I love all these pictures. Hudson is getting soooo big! He and Emerson...watch out neighborhood! :)

Atkinson Family said...

Look at these girls, I love seeing Harper in Handleys adorable outfits every now and then! I also loved her and d holding hands on the way to the carousel, so if she is boy crazy they will end up fighting over her, she is adorable! Hudson is getting so big! I love your babies!!! Can't wait to play soon!

Unknown said...

They are so cute together! Harper is going to give you all gray hair! Hudson better scare all the boys away! :)I told Handley to ask the ice cream man when he will come back...I can NOT believe we missed him again! Does he come at 7am when all you crazy people are awake or something?