Thursday, October 27, 2011

Harper's Fall Party

Today was Harper's Fall Party at school and she was excited to wear her costume.  This year she is going to dress up as Goldilocks.  I found the costume on clearance at Party City and figured she had the perfect hair so we'd go with it.  This morning as she was getting dressed I said, "Harper, get your shoes on."  She then told me, "Me not Harper, me Goldilocks."  She continued to correct me all morning long, so she was definitely taking her role seriously. :-)



Harper had a great time with all of her friends at the party, especially her favorite guy, Parker (the lion next to her). As the room mom, I helped organized and plan her class party.  They had a pizza and fruit lunch followed by pumpkin and bat cookies for dessert.


Next up was a sticker craft and then they played pin-the-nose on the jack-o-lantern.




My mom is in town this week and we are really enjoying her being here!  The weather has been so beautiful this week and we've been taking advantage of it and playing outside a lot.  Harper is really into looking through the mail and in the picture below she was examining a catalog that came.  Hudson is checking out a Halloween card he received from Gigi and Papa in the mail.


Today Mimi was able to watch Hudson for me while I went to Harper's party, so I didn't have to worry about keeping him happy and could just focus on Harper.  I know she enjoyed all the attention. Tomorrow is Handley's party and she can't wait to dress up too!

1 comment:

Julie, the mama said...

CB - I know this blog is about Harper, and I definitely want to make sure I give that precious Goldilocks some props for being so stinkin' cute, BUT I already knew that. What I can't believe is how grown Hudson is looking. OH MY GOSH...when did that happen???

So glad your mama is in town. I am so ready for mine to come visit for longer than 48 hours.