Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Bryce to the Rescue

Yesterday it was sunny and in the mid-80's.  Today was quite the opposite as far as weather goes.  It was barely 50 degrees, cloudy, rainy, and cold.  This morning I remembered looking at the umbrella on our deck and thinking I needed to close it sometime today since tomorrow's forecast called for a lot of wind.  Well I should have gone out and done it when I had that thought because the wind came sooner than expected and when we got home from school this afternoon, this is what we found.


Handley and Harper saw it first.  I was busy getting everything inside and rushing to try to get Hudson out of his carseat since he was crying.  Handley was at the window saying, "Oh wow!"  I assumed she was talking about all of the leaves blowing around.  She told me to come look and I said, "Yes, I see all the leaves."  Then she said, "No, not the leaves...look at our table!"


When I came over to look I could NOT believe my eyes. I seriously just stood there staring at it wondering how in the world it was balanced there.  I don't think anyone could have done that if they tried.  I was too nervous to try to do anything by myself because I knew the table was really heavy and I was sure it would just go crashing down.


I called our friend, Bryce, who lives very nearby and hoped that he would be home.  Thankfully he was and he came to the rescue.  The girls were excited to have him over for a quick visit and I was happy to have some help to get our table back on the deck.


THANK YOU BRYCE!!!  

This little guy stayed cool, calm and collected and was totally unfazed by all of the excitement today. 

2 comments:

Julie, the mama said...

I'm with Handley, "Oh wow!" So glad you got pictures, because I'm pretty sure no one would have believed you without them!

Unknown said...

Seriously...OH WOW! I just stared at those pics for 5 minutes! That's insane! Glad the wind didn't blow it through the windows!