Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Scarecrows in the Gardens

There was a big event going on at the church today, so the pre-school cancelled classes for everyone leaving us with a free day at home.  Last night I made some very last minute plans to tag along with some of our neighbors that were going to The Atlanta Botanical Gardens for the Scarecrows in the Gardens event.


Groups, schools, business, and organizations from all over Atlanta create themed scarecrows and they are displayed all over the gardens.  I've been wanting to visit the gardens for this event for several years and I'm so happy we got to go.


The girls were really excited about this fun outing and I was too!  I hadn't been to the Botanical Gardens since Handley was barely one, but I remembered there was a large children's garden area for them to play in and explore.  The kids loved running around together and if it weren't for lunch and naps, we could have spent all day there. 




We had such a great time and Handley kept asking on the car ride home if we could go back again. We'll definitely add this to our yearly traditions and also make it back this spring so they can play in the fountains too! 




I took a million pictures today (as did Carrie, Sheila and Christy) and at one point someone asked us if we were part of a photography group. Ha!  We just explained to them that we love "capturing" all these fun memories with our kiddos.  :-)


3 comments:

Allie Sutton said...

Love your necklace ;) I really do hope you are enjoying it! Love your sweet babies outfits!

Jason, Erin, Ella, and Colin said...

I love it! We are definitely going to swing by there to try that out:)

Unknown said...

You got some good pics! I love the "photo club" comment! Ha! We should have just said, YES! :) I love the one of Handley doing airplane arms in the grass and wished Addyson was in it too! That's a great pic!