Tuesday, October 11, 2011

A Day in the Life - Tuesday

4:45 AM - Hudson woke up and I fed him.  He went back to sleep and so did I.

6:45 AM - Both girls woke up and within minutes of each other and climbed in bed with us.  Harper is always happy to just lay there, but Handley begs to watch cartoons.  Today I made a new rule that she isn't allowed to come in my room before 7 AM.  We'll see if that works tomorrow.

7:00 AM - I got dressed in running clothes and then got the girls dressed and ready.

7:30 AM - Hudson woke up so I got him dressed and then fed him while the girls finally got to watch cartoons then we all headed down stairs.

8:00 AM - The girls came downstairs and found a special surprise on our front porch.  Our good friends, Bryce and Sarah, delivered some pumpkins for each of the kids last night.  They were from Bryce's mom (who the girls have met a few times) who lives in Ohio.  The pumpkins were from a farm up there.  Since we aren't planning to go to the pumpkin patch for a few more weeks, we are happy to finally have some on our porch! A BIG thank you to Bryce, Sarah, and Mrs. G!

8:15 AM - Breakfast time for everyone while Hudson played on the floor and in his bouncy seat a little.  Today Handley and Harper were extra hungry.  After fixing Harper one waffle and Handley her normal two, both wanted another that's what they got.  I got Handley's lunch and school bag ready while they were eating.

8:40 AM - We loaded up and headed off to school to drop Handley.  Tuesdays is one of the days that Harper stays home with me.  She's usually not very happy about not being able to go to school because she just loves it so much.

9:15 AM - It started raining on our way home, so instead of going on our usual run/walk around the neighborhood I put Hudson down for his nap in the crib.  Harper wanted to help.  :-)


While he was sleeping I got working on Harper's closet.  On days Handley is at school Harper sticks by my side.  She read books and fixed her Barbie's hair while I worked.

10:30 AM - Hudson woke up and I fed him then we heard a delivery truck and I just knew it had to be my new vacuum.  Ours was not working very well and the past week or so it had totally stopped working.  With a big dog that sheds a lot, I was about to go crazy with the dog hair!  I got a Hoover that Consumer Reports rated as the top bag-less.  I put it together and gave it a whirl.  So farm I love it! And the best news was that it was only $99 from Wal-Mart.

11:15 AM - The rain finally stopped for a little bit so we decided to brave it and go for a quick run around the neighborhood.  Wouldn't you know that as soon as I got the furthest distance from the house it started raining.  Thankfully it was just a light drizzle and Harper and Hudson didn't know any different because they were under cover. Hudson fell asleep during the run and ended up having a short nap.

12:00 PM - Harper and I had lunch and Hudson woke up so he joined us at the table.

12:40 PM - We left to pick up Handley at school and Hudson ended up staying away until we got back home, although he was fussing because he was tired.  Handley sits right beside him in the car and it's so nice when she is with us because she is SO good with him.  She'll talk to him, give him the paci, hold his hand, and keep him as calm as possible.  She's such a little mommy.  Hudson ended up falling asleep on the ride home.

1:15 PM - When we got home the girls noticed all of the leaves that had started falling in the front yard.  They were so excited to play in them a little bit and love throwing them in the air! Next we came inside and Handley showed me all of her school things.  This week they are studying community helpers and they had a real police man come to their school today so she was excited to tell me all about that.




1:30 PM - I put Harper down for her nap and then quickly came down to feed Hudson who had woken up, then he was ready for his nap.

2:00 PM - While Handley had her rest and the other two were napping, I got showered and dressed.  Then I put away laundry, unloaded the dishwasher, and packed dinners (to take with us to cheerleading practice).

3:00 PM - Hudson woke up so I fed him and then we woke up Harper around 3:30 to get ready for playgroup.  We love Tuesdays because it's playgroup day and the girls are always happy to go play with their neighborhood friends and I'm always happy to visit with my friends too.

4:00 PM - We went to playgroup at Sheila and Addyson's house and it was extra fun today because the girls got their faces painted.  Sheila did the face painting and it turned out so cute!

We usually have to leave playgroup around 5:15 to head to cheerleading practice (from 6-7 PM) but this evening we got word that practice was cancelled due to the rain so we got to stick around a little longer.  I was glad we didn't have to go tonight.  It was cold, wet, and just easier to be able to come home to have dinner and get everyone to bed on time.

6:00 PM - We ate leftovers and when I was done I fixed their lunches for school tomorrow.

6:30 PM - I clean up the kitchen and dishes while the girls play and then Hudson wakes up.

6:45 PM - I help Handley finish practicing her letters and number of the week.  She does this every week at school and brings it home to finish.  Harper practiced writing her "H" while I was helping Handley.

7:00 PM - We head up to get the girls ready for their baths and Robby gets home just in time to help.  He  kept Hudson happy while I got the girls ready for bed and then they went off to play with Robby while I bathed Hudson and got him ready for bed.

7:30 PM - All 5 of us sat in Handley's bed to read some books and hang out before bed.  It was a great way to end our night.

7:45 PM - Both girls were in bed and I fed Hudson and got him to bed.

8:15 PM - Hudson was asleep so I did a quick alteration to one of Hudson's outfits.

8:30 PM - Time to relax!  I'm able to watch TV, check emails, and blog. :-)

***Just a quick note about my days.  I usually try to run errands and get stuff done away from the house on the days the girls are both in school so I don't have to drag everyone with me.  Right now Hudson is easy to take along.  Also, I like to get all of my errands and chores out of the way while they are at school or napping so that when I have them home we can do fun stuff like go to the playground, play with friends, etc.  I feel like Handley is never home since she is in school 5 days a week, so I really value the time she is at home with us!

6 comments:

Stefanie said...

wow! what a day! I'm exhausted for you! Go supermom!

Unknown said...

That amazes me! Truly, AMAZES me! :)The amount of things you all have done before Addyson and I have even thought about getting up is AMAZING! You don't even drink coffee for goodness sake! AMAZING! Gold star for you girl AND you look amazing doing it all too! I on the other-hand, now am positive I am a total slacker!

Julie, the mama said...

Whew! Sure makes you realize how much moms do when you write it down like that!

Allison D said...

Ok, you are starting to make me feel like I am a total slacker and I only have two kiddos. Reading that you didn't get your shower until 2 makes me feel just a tad better. :) You are a great mommy!

Samantha said...

Great post -- fun to read!

momma G. said...

I'm so glad the kids liked the Ohio pumpkins. They actually came from one of my students farm. We had such a great time at your home for Robbie's b-day party. Thanks for including us. Your family is AWESOME! I LOVE your blog (actually my first time EVER to read a blog) however can't figure out how to open the pics.I'll ask one of my kids. Momma G