Monday, October 10, 2011

A Day in the Life - Monday

As promised, here is the first of my "a day in the life" posts.  Today was busy, but productive.  Reading this makes me laugh though because Monday is usually our low-key day.  It will be interesting to see what the rest of the week holds.  :-)

3:45 AM  - Hudson woke up and I fed him.  During the night he usually goes right back down after I feed him so I was back in bed by 4:15 AM. 

5:30 AM - Harper woke up and needed to go potty.  I took her and then just had her climb in bed with us to go back to sleep.  

6:30 AM - Handley woke up and needed to go potty.  She went and then climbed in bed with us, but never went back to sleep.  I finally turned on cartoons for she and Harper.  

6:45 AM - Hudson woke up for the day.  Thankfully Robby was just on his way out to work so he went to get Hudson from his room and brought him to join the early morning party going on in my bed. :-) After he was awake I couldn't stay in bed any longer so I got up and got dressed quickly while the girls "babysat" and continued watching cartoons. 

7:15 AM - I feed Hudson.

7:30 AM - I got Handley and Harper dressed and fixed their hair while Hudson did some tummy time then I got Hudson dressed and ready for the day.  

8:00 AM - We all came downstairs and Hudson started fussing because he was getting tired again so I put him in the swing while I fixed the girls breakfast (chicken biscuit for Harper and Lucky Charms/waffles for Handley).  



While they ate I got their lunches and school bags ready and grabbed a quick bite myself.  To save time I have an extra set of toothbrushes in the downstairs bathroom for the girls before school.  

8:30 AM - I transferred Hudson to his car seat and he stayed asleep (Hallelujah!) and we loaded up to head to school.  I made a quick detour to a neighbors house to drop off the flier I created for our neighborhood Fall Festival.  


9:00 AM - Dropped the girls off at school and headed to the grocery store.  Mondays are my grocery store and cleaning day.  Loads of fun. :-)  Hudson usually sleeps through the store, but today he woke up and thankfully was happy to look around and I stashed turkey and strawberries beside him in the cart.  


10:00 AM - Got home and fed Hudson again.  Then he played on his play mat while I put away the groceries.  He started getting fussy again so I put him down for a nap in his crib around 10:45.  While he slept I got to work cleaning the house and putting away laundry.  

12:00 PM - I ate a quick lunch and then woke Hudson up so I could feed him before leaving to get the girls.  It was a little earlier than he needed to eat, but if I didn't go ahead and feed him he would have probably woken up and wanted to eat right at the time I needed to get the girls, so I've learned it's easier this way.  

12:40 PM - Leave to pick up the girls from pre-school (they get out at 1:00).  

1:20 PM - We got home and both Handley and Harper were eager to show me the things in their folders (various artwork, notes from teachers, etc.)  Then I took Harper up for her nap while Handley "babysat" Hudson as he played on his playmat again. 

1:45 PM - I put Hudson down for his nap and then started to help Handley with her homework.  Their letter of the week is "G" so she had to find an object to bring to share (she picked grapes from their play kitchen) and she also has to cut out pictures from a magazine that starts with the letter (she cut out gingerbread men and a picture of a grilled cheese).  


2:15 PM - I turn on a show for Handley to rest.  Hudson's schedule was a little off today, but it worked out nice because all 3 kids were napping/resting at the same time.  This usually doesn't happen though.  I took advantage of the time and put away the girls bags from school, ironed a few things, and then did a few alterations on Handley's Halloween costume.  

3:00 PM - Hudson woke up and I fed him.  Then he played in the bouncy seat while I finished the ironing.  

3:30 PM - Handley's "rest time" was over so she came upstairs with us and played with Hudson on the floor in his room while I put away his laundry and also got out some of his fall clothes in his closet.  

3:45 PM - Harper woke up and we all went downstairs for snacks.  

4:15 PM - We all went back up stairs and the girls played in the playroom while I started working on getting out Handley's fall/winter clothes.  Hudson was happy to lay on her bed and talk to me while I worked.  I left out some warm weather stuff too though because the weather is still so back and forth and I know we will still have some warm days ahead.  Her room is kind of a mess right now, but it's just a transition phase as far as her closet and clothes go, so I'll just have to deal with it.  



5:00 PM - Hudson was ready for his evening cat-nap so I fed him real quick and then put him in the swing downstairs while I got dinner started.  Thankfully we still have some meals frozen from when people were bringing us dinners so I didn't really have to do much tonight.  While that was cooking I went back up to finish up in Handley's room and found her admiring all of her new clothes.  She has become SO picky about what she wears so I was happy that she liked everything she was seeing in her closet.  Then I helped the girls clean up the playroom. 


6:00 PM  - The girls and I came downstairs to check on dinner.  It was taking longer than expected to cook so I got out some play-dough for the girls to do while we waited for it to finish.  Hudson woke up so he hung out with the girls.  I took advantage of that time to pack Handley's lunch for school tomorrow.


6:30 PM - Dinner was finally ready so we ate and I held Hudson during dinner because he was starting to get tired/fussy.  For the girls' dinner I always give them what we are having, plus a few extras that I know they like and will eat. (Tonight was apples with peanut butter and yogurt - with sprinkles.)

6:45 PM - We had an impromptu Hokey Pokey and also did some of Handley's cheers.  I would normally have cleaned up the kitchen at this time and done the dishes, but Hudson was not about to let me put him down so I had to leave it all until after I got the kids in bed (something I can't stand doing...I like cleaning as I go, but sometimes you just do what you have to do).   We did have fun though and shared lots of laughs.  Much better than doing dishes. :-)


7:00 PM - The girls helped me give Hudson a bath and get him ready for bed.  Then it was their turn to get baths while Hudson was swinging in the little swing we have upstairs.  It kept him happy long enough for me to get Handley and Harper in PJ's, brush their teeth and then he was ready for bed.  


7:45 PM - I told the girls to read books in their rooms while I put Hudson to bed, but just after I started to feed him I heard the garage door open (meaning Robby was home) and the girls went running down to see and play with him. 

8:15 PM - I read Harper's books while Robby read Handley's and then both girls were tucked in and ready for bed.  

8:20 PM - Harper needs to go potty again. 

8:22 PM - Handley needs a drink of water. 

8:30 PM - Everyone is finally in bed for the night so I put on my pj's and come downstairs to clean the kitchen, do the dishes and then around 9:00 PM sit down at the computer for the first time all day.  I'm so thankful that I have an iphone and I'm able to see emails, etc. during the day because getting to the computer just doesn't happen until later.  Robby and I finally have a chance to sit down together on the couch, talk about our days and watch TV.  

It's now 10:00 and I'm trying to upload some videos so I'll be up a while longer before heading to bed.  I'm a night owl and feel really productive at night when everyone is in bed so I tend to stay up late trying to get stuff done.  That's all for today!

4 comments:

Bryn Musser said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Bryn Musser said...

I am exhausted just reading this! My goodness you have your hands full! Miss you guys :)

Atkinson Family said...

Holy Moly! That is one busy day! And, the best part is you are great at it all! A great mommy and multitasker! This job ain't east but you do it really well! XOXO

Jennifer said...

I need a nap just from reading this! You do such an amazing job!