Saturday, October 8, 2011

Another week with no blogging...

Well another week goes by with no blogging. I'm not quite sure exactly where the days and weeks go.  I feel like we stay really busy, but I don't like not documenting what we have been up to.  I really enjoy blogging and I love sharing with our friends and family.  On Friday morning I realized it was the end of the week and I couldn't believe I hadn't taken any pictures (except a few I snapped with my phone).  A few blogs I follow have recently done "a day in the life" posts and I really enjoyed reading them.  As a fellow mom of young kids I loved reading about their daily schedules and being able to relate the similarities with my days.  I think I'm going to do something similar next week.  Not only will it help me to see how my days are filled, but I know I will enjoy looking back at it years from now and seeing how these days with very young children were spent.  Definitely some of the busiest, as a mom, but also some of the best.  :-)

This past week Handley's class was studying the Wild Wild West.  On Friday they got to dress up like cowboys and cowgirls, enjoy a special outdoor cowboy lunch and play cowboy games.  She was excited to dress up and Harper wanted to match her.


Last night Gigi and Papa came over to babysit all three kids for us.  We went out to dinner to help my brother celebrate his birthday with some friends.  I was really looking forward to an evening out and it was so nice to be able to dress up, eat a good meal and have some adult conversation.



However, I'll admit that after we got home I was looking forward to Hudson waking up during the night so I could see him.  The girls had SO much fun with Gigi and Papa.  They brought over pumpkin sugar cookies to bake, a new book and Halloween goodies, too.  I shouldn't be surprised that Handley and Harper were very disappointed when they woke up this morning.  They were both pretty upset when they realized Gigi and Papa weren't here this morning.

One other thing to note is that car rides used to put Hudson right to sleep.  Well that is not the case now.  It takes a lot to get him from this (happy in his seat before we leave to take the girls to school)


To this (sleeping soundly after getting home from dropping the girls off).


What I don't have pictures of is him screaming and crying his little head off until he finally calms down and goes to sleep.  Makes for really fun rides. Ha!  I feel so helpless when he is like that and this may sound harsh, but he's going to have to learn to get over it because we have places to go and he has to come with us. :-)  Over all he is still really good and laid back though...it's just the car rides when he is sleepy that he's not a fan of.


And one last picture to share, although it looks kind of weird because I took it with my phone...this afternoon we went over to our friends Jen and Justen's house to "tailgate" before the UGA game.  They had a lot of friends over and it was so much fun to visit with friends and watch all the kids play.  Since it was a late game we came home after dinner time so we could put the kids to bed on time and watch it at home, but it was still fun to be there for a few hours.  

The kids with Aunt Stefanie and Uncle Trey

2 comments:

Allie Sutton said...

I so relate with the blogging. Except when I slow down I realize it's been six months or more! Yikes! I truly desire to be able to blog daily. It's such a great thing to look back on. I love catching up with you and your sweet family thru your blog. I think you've inspired me to give it a shot...again :)

Julie, the mama said...

Yay for another LHC blog!

Looks/sounds like y'all are doing just great. I know you already know this, but I think it is so awesome that you have family so close to help with the kids. Not only would it be comforting to know that the kids were with the grandparents, but it sure saves you a lot of money. Sitters are expensive when you have 3 kids!!!