Thursday, September 29, 2011

Muffins with Mom

This morning was Muffins with Mom at the girls' pre-school.  Unfortunately, this year both of the girls' classes had this event on the same day, at the same time. I wasn't looking forward to having to split my time, but it ended up working out just fine.

We went to Harper's classroom first, and Handley joined us in there.  She made a sweet card for me and showed me some of the books she liked to read.



After eating only one bite of her cinnamon roll, Harper announced she was done.  This isn't like her, but I noticed that her crush, Parker, had arrived.  Mrs. Deborah has been telling me that Harper just LOVES him and it was obvious to me today.  As soon as she spotted him she waltzed right over and practically sat in his lap.  Poor kid couldn't have cared less that she was there and trying to give him a hug. Ha!  I kept trying to get her to come sit with me, but she kept saying she just wanted to sit beside Parker.  When I told her it was time for me to go to Handley's classroom, she questioned why, but then was totally fine with the idea of sitting with Parker and his mom while I left.

Making her move :-)
 

Handley's classroom was a different scene with 20 kids and their moms buzzing around.  Handley had also made few things for me and was eager to show me stuff around her room she has been telling me about for several weeks now (her own special art box, her mailbox where all her papers go before coming home, the home-living center, the computers, etc.).




I also got to meet Handley's new friend, Grace.  I hear a lot about her each day and I'm so thankful that Handley has met a sweet friend in her class.


Hudson did his job, and slept the entire time we were there.  After we left the school, I made a quick stop to pick up some pictures I'd ordered.  It only took me 2 1/2 months to get some photos of Hudson up in our house to prove we actually do have a 3rd child.  I love seeing the new pictures though and these smiling faces each time I walk in the front door.  :-)


After ballet we came home to a wonderful treat...Robby had gotten home from a long 4 day trip.  We were all very happy to have him home.  After an early dinner he took the girls outside to play while I was cleaning up the kitchen.  After a few minutes Handley came running in to tell me that an ice cream truck was coming down our street.  You would have thought Santa himself had just landed his sleigh in front of our house the way she was acting.  We have lived in this house going on 4 years and I don't ever remember seeing an ice cream truck on our street.  I grabbed Hudson, some money, and my phone (for the photo op) and ran outside to wait with them at the street, just like I remember doing with my brothers when we were kids and the ice cream truck would come down our street.  After choosing their treats we waved goodbye and the rest of the night Handley kept telling me how "amazing" it was that the ice cream truck came by our house.  It was pretty amazing and made for the perfect ending to our day. :-)


6 comments:

Julie, the mama said...

There is something magical about that ice cream truck. Too bad the drivers are always so creepy!

Love the picture frames with the 3 kids. Can you BELIEVE we have 3 kids????

Glad Muffins for Moms was such a success. Harper's crush got me so tickled.

Stefanie said...

Love the new pictures in the foyer! They look great there!

Unknown said...

So sweet! The new photos look great! I can't believe we missed the ice cream man!!! The last time I saw the ice cream man in BM was literally when I was probably 7 months pregnant and ran outside in my bare feet after him!

Renee said...

Their school is so sweet to have special days for parents. I wish Reese's school did that! What great memories for you all.

Stacey said...

Love the three pics of the kids. For real! They look amazing. But, I still can't believe you have THREE KIDS!!! :-)

Jennifer said...

Love muffins with mom! Their school is so great! Harper cracks me up with her friend Parker. I will say if they ever get married someday those will be some cute blonde curly haired children. :)