Sunday, September 18, 2011

Happy Birthday Mimi!

Yesterday morning started early when we went watch Handley cheer her second game.  She did a fantastic job, stayed focused the entire game, and really enjoyed cheering while a lot of the other girls were more interested in picking grass or wearing their megaphones as hats.  :-)  After the game she got the "Cheer" star sticker award for doing such a great job cheering.

During a quick practice before the game

3rd quarter snack/water break
I think one of her favorites parts of the game is still getting to run through the tunnel.  Just look at how happy she looks as she was running past us.


Harper knows a lot of the cheers and chimed in on one or two during the game when she thought no one was watching.


Uncle Trey and Stefanie also got to come watch after Trey's tennis match.  Handley was so excited to have everyone there watching and supporting her.


We spent the rest of the afternoon at home watching football and preparing for Mimi's birthday dinner.  The girls helped me make cupcakes and Robby grilled an awesome meal for us.



After dinner and presents we went back outside to enjoy the wonderful weather with some corn hole, frisbee throwing and good old rolling around in the grass (done by Handley and Harper).  It was the perfect end to a perfect day!




Happy Birthday Mimi!!!  We are so happy we got to spend the weekend with you and help you celebrate your birthday. 

4 comments:

Atkinson Family said...

What a great weekend! So glad your parents could come play!

Renee said...

My kids literally were rolling in the grass this weekend too. When it was bath time Reese said she was so itchy. I don't know that she will do it again!

max harrell said...

Okay, I am just going have to confess that I am a blog stalker and I love reading about you and your precious family. Please allow me to validate that I am the mother of Mama and Them as well as Are we There yet who lives in Cobb County, that's my connection with the HIP Chicks. I have been hearing about you since Smyrna days. Loving my title of GranC, I love seeing others enjoy their grands. We are all so blessed and I just love seeing you enjoying your blessings. I keep telling Julie that if they still lived in Smyrna I could see Hendley and Handley being bff's. Glad you all had a wonderful Mimi bday celebration. Hudson is really growing up, sounds like he is a great little brother. Love to all, Granc in Athens

Julie, the mama said...

What a wonderful birthday for sweet Mimi. And a wonderful weekend for all of y'all.