Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Our week so far

We have had such a great week so far!  The weather was so beautiful at the beginning of the week so Monday afternoon we went outside as soon as naps and rest time was over.  Usually if I'm talking all the kids on a walk I put Hudson in the front carrier and the girls in the double stroller.  However, Handley has been asking to ride her bike or scooter and let Hudson and Harper ride in the stroller.  I knew we wouldn't make it all the way to the playground with this set-up so I suggested we go to what the girls call the "little house" instead. It's a gazebo set on a green-space area in one of the cul-de-sacs in our neighborhood.  They love running around there and sitting in the gazebo to eat their snacks.



Well, just as I suspected, we made it to the end of our street and Handley announced that "this sure is good exercise for me" as she was starting to breath heavily.  I told her we could turn around and head home, but she insisted that she was OK to keep going.  As we approached the street where the little house is, she told me that she thought next time she'd like to ride in the stroller.  :-)

This afternoon Robby was unexpectedly home early so he offered to take the girls on a bike ride in the pull-behind trailer.  Part of his birthday gift was new wheels for the bike trailer since the others were warped.  This was the first time in about a year that they were going to get to go for a ride.  Both girls were thrilled with the idea, changed into their shorts, packed their snacks and were ready to go.


Until it was actually time to go.  Harper, who you would think would be the adventurous one, started crying and say she didn't want to ride. I knew she didn't really remember what it was all about so we went outside and let her look at it.  Handley tried her hardest to talk her into it, but nothing she said was changing her mind.  I knew she would enjoy it, but didn't want to force her so we just told her she could stay at home.


Handley was SO excited to go and Robby pulled her up and down the street a few times sort of taunting Harper.  



As they came by one time I asked her if she would like to try it and she said yes!  They took a few test runs up and down the street to make sure she wasn't going to change her mind before they got too far away from home, but she was loving it! 



 And, just because I rarely have any pictures of myself with the kids, here are a few Robby snapped this afternoon before they left for their bike ride.



And this last one is just because I can't get enough of his sweet face!


2 comments:

Unknown said...

That bike ride look like so much fun!I'm sure Addyson would go for a ride with Handley, any time! What a good little cheer leader!! She must have loved everyone being at her game to see her too! Happy belated birthday Mimi. :)Hudson looks precious in the last pic!!

Julie, the mama said...

OH MY GOODNESS, Hudson is growing like a weed all of a sudden. He looks SO ALERT in that last picture.

I laughed about the scooter story. Hendley does the same thing to me.

Cute pictures. Especially the ones of you and the babies. What treasures.