Thursday, September 1, 2011

Special Things

Today was Harper's last day of school for the week and she was just as excited to go today as she was on Monday.  I'm so happy that this transition has been a smooth one and that she is so happy at school.  This morning when she woke up she was dancing in circles in my room singing, "Me go school today, me go school today."  Handley has been equally excited to get to her class.  I've especially enjoyed hearing all of the things Handley is doing at school and can't get over how grown up she seems to be in Pre-K. From what I can gather, their class is run like a real classroom would be in Elementary school.  Not that she didn't learn a lot in her 2 and 3 year old classes, but I can just tell from the little bits she has shared about the classroom procedures, etc. that this is the real deal and she is loving every second.


I'm constantly amazed at how quickly the 4 hours pass while they are at school. I have no trouble filling that time running errands and am trying to use part of those hours to get in some exercise too.  I'm tried of wearing the same 3 pairs of shorts that fit me right now and I'm determined to fit into my pants when it cools off this fall.  Thankfully Hudson continues to sleep just fine in the stroller and the car and doesn't seem to mind being toted around.  In the past week or so his eyes are getting bluer and he is getting BIGGER.  I can't believe how much he has grown.  He's also woken up a lot and although he still sleeps a lot he also has longer periods of wake time where he is pretty happy to just look around and take in all his surroundings.  Aside from today, he seems to have outgrown most of the gas pain issues we were battling and I'm SO thankful.


Just so I don't forget about this years from now, I want to share a picture of Handley's "special things" that she keeps under her bed.


A bunch of random stuff really, but special to her. :-)


From the pictures you can see her prized bubble gum machine, her sleeping bag, a basket of totally random stuff including some things for her baby doll, a gift bag, and bubble wrap.  Yes, bubble wrap.  It came in a gift we received a few weeks ago and after I showed her how to pop she hid it under her bed so I wouldn't throw it away.  She started her stash a few weeks ago when she didn't want Harper to find certain things, but she announced it right in front of Harper, so of course now she knows all about what is under there.  The funny thing is that now Harper thinks she should be stashing things under her bed too.  However, she has a trundle under her bed so there isn't much room.  The last time I checked all she had was a dress-up jewel ring and a piece of ripped paper about the size of stick of gum.  She started crying when I tried to throw it away.  I saw it on the floor and thought it was trash.  Little did I know, it was something "special" she wanted under her bed.  If anyone comes over to our house they both beg for our visitors to come to their rooms and see all of their "special things" under their beds.  Those two keep me laughing, that's for sure.


5 comments:

Stefanie said...

Can't believe how big they are getting. It's hard to believe Harper is in school now. I'm so glad she's loving it! p.s. I find it hard to believe you have any weight to lose. You look great!

Jason, Erin, Ella, and Colin said...

The special things stories of both girls cracked me up!! And Hundson is just too cute!

Allison D said...

I'm totally with you on the 3 pairs of shorts thing...it's such a rough transition after the baby belly is gone but the normal clothes aren't fitting yet.

You're girls are a hoot! Love the special stash under the beds.

Unknown said...

You really do look fantastic and you have 3 kids and one is a newborn! I think you deserve to cut yourself a lil' slack! You make me realize how uptight I am and really need to give my child a little more space. The "special things" are really sweet! ;)

Jennifer said...

Okay after reading this post I totally get why Handley has been having me guess what special surprise she has at home for me in a green basket. :) Everytime I have seen her lately she makes me guess and I was stumped about what she was talking about.