Friday, September 16, 2011

Hudson - 2 months


Hudson is two months old today! I am just loving this little boy so much and I'm really enjoying this sweet phase as he starts to interact with us more.  He is SUCH a good baby.  When I walk/run during the week he just rides happily in the stroller, taking in everything around him.  When I'm getting the girls dressed for school, he hangs out in the swing or on a blanket in one of their rooms without fussing.  As I feed them breakfast, pack their lunches and school bags, and rush everyone out the door, he looks on from his bouncy seat.  He'll often fall asleep one place, transfer to his car seat, and continue his nap in the car as we head to and from pre-school, ballet, gymnastics, or play dates.  I couldn't have asked for a better go-with-the-flow baby.  

I took him for his two month check-up yesterday and he did great. I think he knew we were there and he was showing off.  He started smiling and cooing at me more than he ever had before. He's growing quickly and gained 3 lbs in one month! His stats are: 

Weight- 12 lbs. 7 oz (85th percentile)
Length- 22 1/2 inches (50th percentile)
Head cir.- 15 1/2 inches (50th percentile)




He had to get two shots and one oral vaccine. He screamed as he got his shots, but as soon as I picked him up he calmed down and fell asleep in his cat seat immediately after that. He also spent most of the remainder of the day sleeping. 

At two months Hudson: 
  • goes to bed around 8:30 PM, wakes between 2-4 AM to nurse, and goes back to sleep until around 6:30/7 AM
  • is on a very flexible eat, play, sleep routine
  • can easily nap in his car seat, in the swing, in the front carrier, or in his crib
  • generally puts himself to sleep in his crib with no crying or fussing
  • has really started cooing and smiling at us a lot this week
  • is loved very dearly by his big sisters
  • doesn't seem to mind tummy time at all and is pretty strong
  • is wearing 0-3 month and 3 month clothing
  • continues to be a very laid back baby boy and the perfect 3rd child

My parents are here for the weekend and we could not be more excited!  Yesterday the girls probably asked me 100 times when they would arrive.  Today they got to come with us to Harper's gymnastics and she loved showing them what she could do. 


Tomorrow they'll get to watch Handley cheer her second game and we're all looking forward to that!  Our weather really cooled off today, so it will be perfect football weather all weekend.  The girls are enjoying every second of having Mimi and Dadaw here.  Hudson is too because he's getting held a lot and even got to enjoy falling asleep in Mimi's arms this afternoon while the girls were outside playing.  I'm loving all the extra help and the chance to get some things done around the house without feeling guilty about taking time away from the kids.  If only I could have them here with me everyday...I might finally get through my mile long to-do list. :-) 


3 comments:

Renee said...

He is so cute! And has a strong resemblance to Handley for sure. Except it looks like he has the same chin as Harper! So so cute!

Allison D said...

Wow, I think he looks like Robby! I'm so glad he's an easy baby for you. Sweet, sweet boy.

Julie, the mama said...

He is really growing, that little smile is so adorable. What is almost as adorable is the fact that he is so good.

I know you are having a ball with your parents in town. Those weekends always seem to fly by, don't they. Boo for that, but yay for parents who can't stay away from their grandbabies for too long!