Monday, October 29, 2012

Harper's Fall Party and a lesson learned

Harper's Fall party at school was today and the kids all got to wear their costumes.  She was really excited to dress in her fairy (Tinkerbell) costume and have me attend her party.

She looked super cute and had fun.  They had Chick-fil-a nuggets for lunch, did a pumpkin sticker craft, played pin-the-nose on the jack-o-lantern and pumpkin bean bag toss.


I was very thankful to my BFF, Jen, watching Hudson for me so that I could be at Harper's party.  Hudson had tons of fun trying to keep up with his buddy, Parker.

This afternoon was especially quiet at our house because Handley went home with her friend Grace after school.  This was the first time she went home with a friend straight from school, so a pretty big day for her.  We had such a busy and exciting morning getting to school that I forgot to remind her to be on her best behavior at Grace's house and to use her manners.  I had to just rely on the fact that I have been telling her those things for 5 years now and trust that she would make me proud.  She ended up staying for dinner with them at Chick-fil-a and when they dropped her off I got a great report.

While Grace's mom and I were chatting downstairs the big kids ran up to the playroom for a little bit.  Next thing I knew there were tears because someone had gotten hurt.  I went up to check on them the playroom was a mess.  And, so were the kids.  They all had stamps ALL over themselves.  Not a huge deal, except that these stamp pads are supposed to be used on paper and did not wash off in the bath tonight.  Handley was seriously regretting her decision to cover her arms with stamps when I reminded her that she was wearing her Wendy costume tomorrow for her class party.  Good thing it's cold and her arms will be covered with long sleeves under her costume.  I have no idea who the ring leader was and couldn't get a straight answer from either Harper or Handley, which makes me think they were all in on it.  Either way, we had a long discussion tonight about making good choices and doing what you know is right, because I know for a fact that they know those stamps are for paper only.  Lessons learned by all of us.  They won't stamp their skin again and I won't give them a chance because those stamp pads are being moved out of the playroom supplies.  If it didn't happen today, I'm sure Hudson would have discovered them before long.

No comments: