Sunday, September 6, 2009

Win or Loose...

...we still love the Bulldogs. 

Yesterday we had some friends over to watch the first UGA game of the season.  Handley was excited about our "football party," but seemed a little disappointed when she realized the party was only 6 adults, her and Harper.  However, as soon as she saw the cookies and brownies, she was excited again.  

I realized on Wednesday that Handley didn't have anything to wear for this weekend's game.  I looked online and thought about ordering her a UGA cheerleader outfit, but thought I could make her something just as cute for a lot less.  This is what I came up with: 


I'm so excited about this little dress. It only cost me about $5 in fabric and supplies and it's the first time I've every sewn anything using a pattern!  Isn't that crazy?!?!?  All that sewing I've done and I've always made my  own patterns.  It was a lot easier than I expected and I'm all geared up to make lots more dresses now...one for every holiday and occasion.  

Harper sported the "Georgia Bootie" yesterday. This outfit is a classic and was a gift for Handley from our friends Jen and Justen.  I had to recreate the same pictures I had of Handley in this outfit with Harper.  

Harper's Georgia Bootie
Handley's Georgia Bootie from back in the day...
Daddy and Harper
Daddy and Handley

Can't wait for the next game so we can all sport our red and black again! 

8 comments:

Atkinson Family said...

Precious pictures! Love, love, love the new dress! So excited that fall is almost here!

Unknown said...

Love the dress. Where did you find the pattern?

Carrie Beth said...

It's either a McCalls or Simplisity pattern...just a simple A-line dress. It had different applique options on it the pattern, but I just made a UGA one for mine.

Kathy Mills said...

LOVE the dress!! Will I have to pay extra to get you to make a Florida one?:-)

Britni said...

Oh my goodness...I wish I could sew!! What a cute dress.

Jennifer said...

I love the comparison pics side by side with GA booty. :) Thanks for hosting us on Saturday. We had a blast.

Erica said...

Love that dress...I'm going to need one for Gracie! Too cute :)

Carrie Davis said...

Hi! How much would it cost for you to make me one of those dresess for Charlotte? I'll trade you a photo shoot of the girls?? :) Email me: carrieedavis at gmail.com