Monday, September 14, 2009

Weekend at the Lake

We spent the weekend at the lake and had a lot of fun.  The weather was perfect and it was so nice up there.  We're trying to take advantage of the warm weekends while we can. 

Handley has finally realized that her life jacket actually serves a purpose and will keep her afloat, so now she is all about "swimming" all by herself. 
She is also wanting to do EVERYTHING by herself and doesn't want help from us at all.  
As a result, she looks adorable with her hat on backwards!

Considering a weekend away with two kids, two dogs, and two adults, there was a lot of things I needed to remember.  It never fails...no matter how organized I am and how many lists I make I always forget one important thing.  Here's  a rundown of some of the things I've forgotten in the past: 
  • One time it was the sound machine.  Both girls sleep with one and we only got up there with one of them.  Robby ended up rigging the monitors so that they could both hear the one
  • Once I forgot Handley's PJ's.  She slept in a pair of shorts and a t-shirt that I told her were "special" pj's one night and we got her some from Wal-Mart the next night. 
  • When we spent a week up there last month I forgot Harper's bathing suits!!!  Um, hello!  We are going to the LAKE to go SWIMMING for a whole WEEK and I forgot her bathing suits?!?!?  Thank goodness my friend Kathy who was there with us let her borrow one of her daughter's and it worked out  fine.  
  • This weekend I forgot a hat for Harper.  She has so many adorable sun hats and I usually leave one in the pool/lake bag along with the sunscreen, etc. but I guess I had taken it out to wash and forgot to put it back in.  I had two of Handley's hats with me and was able to make one of them a little smaller for Harper using a hair rubber-band in the back.  
After reading this list it doesn't seem like I'm very organized, but I swear I am. 

Harper and Handley both sporting their hats!  
I got them for $1 each at Wal-Mart on clearance a few weeks ago. 
Harper loves the water and the boat as much as Handley does.  
You can tell by her big grin below. 



2 comments:

Atkinson Family said...

Precious! And yes, you are organized. Can't believe Harper is getting her first tooth. Wow, time flies! The girls in their hat pics is my favorite!

Jennifer said...

Trust me lady...you are the most oranized person I know! :) I love Harper's little swimsuit! And they look so cute with their hats on, it makes them look so big.