Wednesday, September 9, 2009

A girl has got to eat

Harper had her first taste of rice cereal yesterday and I must say, she LOVED it. :-)  
I've been trying to hold off giving it to her because it's just one more thing to add into our already busy day and I do feel like she was satisfied without it. However, she has been showing signs of being ready for several weeks now.  She was eyeing us all down as we ate in front of her, staring at our food and drinks, and looking on as if to say, "PLEASE give me a little taste."  
Well last night Handley and I fed her a little rice cereal and she did great.  She was fussy and tired, but the second she got her first spoonful she lit up and was all smiles.  Handley enjoyed helping and loves the fact that Harper is "eating" now. 

Tonight for her second meal I made the cereal a lot thicker and you would have thought she's been eating food for months.  We were at a friend's tonight and she kept smiling and then would look over at everyone and start talking as if to say, "look how big I am...I'm eating!" 

2 comments:

Alison LeBlanc said...

wow, i can't believe its time for food already!

Stacey said...

I swear, she is the cutest baby I think I've ever seen. That's a lot coming from me since I have two pretty darn cute ones myself!! But, she is SO adorable. I love seeing pictures of her and can't wait until I can get my hands on her again! It's been WAY too long!