Thursday, September 10, 2009

Harper - 5 months




Harper is 5 months old today.  I still can't believe how big she is growing, even though it is happening right in front of my eyes.  Part of me can't believe she's only been with us for 5 months because it feels like she has been part of our family for years.  The other part of me remembers back to the days when she was a tiny newborn and it feels like it wasn't all that long ago.  

Before Harper was born I always wondered how I could love another child the same way and same amount that I loved Handley.  It does happen though.  I am completely head over heels in love with Harper and just want to hug, kiss, and squeeze her all day long.  

At a 5 months old she:
  • has got the sweetest personality
  • will smile at anyone who glances her way
  • loves to flirt with everyone when we are out running errands
  • is perfectly content to hang out in the stroller and watch the world around her
  • still likes her paci and can grab it and bring it to her mouth (but just can't quite get it in the right way yet)
  • rolls over to her belly the second I lay her down on her back
  • sleeps on her stomach while sucking her thumb
  • sleeps a glorious 12 hours straight at night
  • is taking 2 naps a day now (generally 1-2 hours each)
  • eats rice cereal like a pro
  • loves her big sister
  • has curly hair that is out of control...Handley calls it her "crazy hair" 
  • is wearing mostly 3-6 month or 6 month clothes, size 3 diapers
  • laughs when I pretend to nibble on her fingers, toes, belly, neck, etc. 
  • discovered her toes and likes to try to put them in her mouth
  • loves to look at and talk to herself in the mirror

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

She is such a a cutie pie! :) I can't believe how fast she is growing.

Atkinson Family said...

Precious! Wow, five months...I can't believe it! So good to know that you love both of those precious girls to pieces! They are both dolls. I hope I can do it too!