Friday, September 18, 2009

Happy Birthday Mom!

I need to start of this post by saying HAPPY BIRTHDAY to the most amazing woman in my life...my mom.  We have always had a very close relationship and although my parents live a few states away and we don't see them but every few months, I talk to her EVERY day on the phone. She is the most giving and self-less person I have ever met and she would do anything to help the people she cares about.  After becoming a mother myself, I have a greater appreciation for all that she has done and still does for me.  It's not that I didn't appreciate it before, but now I can totally relate to her, being a mom myself.   She is a wonderful grandmother to my girls and Handley just loves her Mimi!  Today, Handley, Harper and I talked to her today via Skype and Handley even sang her version of Happy Birthday.  We wish we could be closer so that we could really celebrate with her, but at least we got to see each other face to face.  

Happy Birthday MOM!!!

Next up, I just wanted to say thanks to all the moms who commented about cleaning toys.  I've always been pretty laid back when it comes to germs and I guess that is why I've never even thought to clean/disinfect our toys.  Handley has been really healthy in her 2 years of life and I guess I attribute that to a strong immune system.  My motto...a little dirt never hurt!  However, I will be using some of the tips that you all shared, so thank you! 

And lastly, just a quick update on pre-school.  She LOVES it and asks to go every.single.day.  As soon as we pull in the parking lot she exclaims, "There's my school!"  When we walk down the hall to her classroom I have to remind her to stay with me because she is literally skipping/running to her class.  I watched her this morning as she went in and started her arrival procedure.  I was SO proud as she took off her raincoat, put her lunch box on the shelf in it's spot, found the cubby with her name on it and put her school bag in it ALL BY HERSELF.  When did she get so big?!?!

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

Yea! Happy Birthday Deborah!

MacLaurins said...

Hey Carrie Beth, you know what's funny? I have only met your Mom a handful of times and she really would do anything for you. She is definitely the kind of women to look up too.
By the way, mine and Sean's blog is www.seanandashmac.blogspot.com

Enjoy!