Sunday, July 31, 2011

Catch-up post

We've been really busy this past week/weekend and I haven't had time to catch up on the blog.  I had decided that while I still had my mom in town to help me, I wanted to use last week to start venturing out of the house and getting used to the logistics of running errands with all three kids.  I'm happy to report that it was easier than expected and because the girls are usually very well behaved when we are out and about and Hudson still sleeps most of the time, the hardest part was getting everyone out the door. 


On Wednesday we did a little shoe shopping, had an ice cream outing with some friends, and made a quick stop by the pediatricians office.  


The girls were so excited about getting ice cream with friends and when we got to D'lites in East Cobb the sweet girls working there let the kids come behind the counter to fill their cups or cones and dish out lots of toppings.  







 Hudson has about 2 outfits that fit him right now (besides his onesies) but I know it won't be like that for long.  I already feel like he has changed a lot and is growing so quickly.  My friend Lizzi gave me these outfits for the kids at one of my showers.  The girls love to match each other and they were thrilled get to match with Hudson too!


My Dad came back in town on Saturday and Trey and Stefanie also came over to visit for the evening.  My sweet friend Christy knew my family would all be here and brought us over BBQ for dinner.  It was so delicious and so nice to be able to just enjoy spending time with my family.




Hudson still continues to be a really sweet baby boy!  I have discovered that he has been really gassy at night and that has kept him from being able to get comfortable and to be able to sleep really well at night.  After trying a few different things, he's done better the past two nights so I am hoping we have turned a corner.  During the day he is really happy and is starting to wake up more, which is fun for all of us.


After being with us for two weeks, my mom left today to head home with my dad.  I was so sad to see them leave and I can't even begin to think how I would have managed through the first two weeks home without her help.  We are going to miss her like crazy, but I am so thankful that she was able to stay and help us out as long as she did.


Today we had a pretty low key afternoon around the house.  Handley was the most well behaved she has EVER been and was so incredibly helpful with Harper and with anything else I might have needed her to do.  I'm hoping that continues tomorrow when Robby is at work and I'm really on my own.  This evening we had our first family of five outing.  We went to get frozen yogurt after dinner and it felt so great to get out of the house together and it felt really normal to look back and see all 3 kids in the backseat. :-)

4 comments:

Julie, the mama said...

ok, yay! Sounds like everything is going great. And you know I am going CRAZY over those matching outfits. I could just eat every one of them up with a spoon!

Stefanie said...

I know you'll get your routine down just fine but offer always stands if you want any help ;) Trey and I were talking last night about having Handley and Harper stay with us sometime soon on a Sat or something. We'll check on dates and let you know.

Lizzi said...

Oh Yeah! The outfits are adorable! So glad that they fit. I am so glad to hear that you are doing so good. I can't wait to meet Hudson.

Tiffany Lockette said...

Please, please share what you did to help with his gasiness/sleep issues because I have a 4 month old with the same issues and I am just out of ideas and so tired!! Your babies are just precious!!