Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Hudson's First Bath

My first three days at home by myself with all 3 kids has been better than I could have expected.  I've only had two minor emotional breakdowns (totally related to hormones) and the kids have all been fantastic.  Our biggest outing so far was going to playgroup yesterday, but tomorrow we have a busy day planned and will finally be venturing out of the neighborhood.  Although the girls have kept busy playing hide-n-seek and tending to their baby dolls, I think we are all ready for a change of scenery.   

Hudson had a rough day on Monday and that continued into Monday night.  He was incredibly fussy and gassy ALL day and ALL night.  I'm beginning to think it might be related to something I'm eating.  The past two days I've tried limiting obvious dairy sources that I eat and I'm not sure if it is a coincidence or not, but he has been back to his happy self yesterday and today.  

He had been sleeping in our room, but I put him in his crib for the first time on Sunday night.  With the exception of Monday night when I basically slept in the glider with him all night, he has done really well in there and I have slept much better too.  He's going down around 10 PM, waking once around 2-3 AM to nurse, and then back down until about 6:30 AM.  

His belly button is finally healed so yesterday he got to experience his first bath!  He seemed to enjoy the water and the only time he cried was when Harper was pulling on his arm as she tried to wash it. :-) 


The girls loved helping

All clean and happy after his bath



3 comments:

The Dillards said...

I am sure that you are doing so great. I will look back to this post for comfort when we bring our bundle home :0)

Samantha said...

The "gassy" times were the hardest with both of my little ones during the newborn phase. You want to help them feel better so badly. I tried everything with my diet, and nothing seemed to work -- I'm glad Hudson was feeling better. The doctors and nurses told me it would pass, and it did -- in hindsight very quickly, but in the moment it felt like eternity. Good luck with your ventures beyond the hood! Adorable bath photos -- and children!

Ashleigh Finger said...

Such cute pictures! Sounds like you are doing so good. I had quite a few breakdowns in the first 2 weeks. I love keeping up with the blog!