Wednesday, August 24, 2011

"H" is for Harper

In order to get Handley to practice writing her name using lower case letters I told her that when she went to Pre-K she needed to be able to write her name correctly.  That was several months ago and I haven't really brought it up again.  Tomorrow is meet the teacher at school.  This afternoon she came into Hudson's room where I was changing his diaper and seemed exasperated.  "Mommy," she said, "It's just a disaster.  Tomorrow I'm going to see my Pre-K class and I still am having trouble writing my lower case e's and d's for my name!"  I went into the playroom where she had taken it upon herself to practice her name and saw that in fact, she was doing a great job and only needed a little help to get the e's facing the right way.  Then, Harper told me she was going to write her name, which is usually just some scribbles.  I don't know why, but for some reason I just haven't ever thought to really work with Harper on writing any letters yet.  Today was the day though.  I showed her one time how to write an "H" for her name and she went to town writing them all over her paper.  She was SO proud of herself and we were SO proud of her too.


 Looking at this sweet little "H" just makes me smile. :-)  I can't believe my baby girl is growing up so fast and getting so big!

No comments: