Monday, July 18, 2011

Coming home

This morning we loaded up and got ready to come home.  Our stay at the hospital was really nice, but there is no place like home!  



The girls were outside waiting on us when we arrived and were so excited to see their baby brother.  Handley couldn't wait to show Hudson all around our house and kept asking if he knew where he was.



One of our neighbors has this amazing stork business.  She personalizes the storks with your baby's name, birth date, weight and length for you to display in your yard to announce your baby's arrival.  The girls were so excited to find this stork in our yard when they woke up on Sunday morning and didn't quite know how it got there. :-)  Please check out her website at www.thestorker.com if you are interested in renting one of these storks and pass along her info to anyone you know who is expecting! 


Our first day home was fantastic. The girls are thrilled to have him home and are constantly asking to hold him.  They are totally in love.


Harper runs over every time he makes noise to cover him up and earlier I found her sitting next to the swing reading him a book.  


Handley probably told me at least 20 times today, "I just can't stop my mind from thinking about Hudson."

We all can't get enough of our little guy.  I'm so happy to be at home now and feel wonderful about how things are going.  My mom is staying with us for two weeks to help with the girls and help us adjust to being a family of 5.  I know I couldn't do it without her help.  I feel great, Hudson is doing really well and I feel like our family is so complete.  

8 comments:

Julie, the mama said...

"I just can't stop my mind from thinking about Hudson.".....sweetest thing I have ever heard in my life. OH MY PRECIOUSNESS!!!!

So glad your mama is there to help for a couple of weeks.

Lots to be thankful for over at your house!!!

Allie Sutton said...

Oh my goodness I love the picture of the 3 of them and Harper's expression!! So glad you guys are home and feeling great!

Stefanie said...

You look great Carrie Beth! So glad you all are back at home and love the family pictures.

Atkinson Family said...

Woohoo! So glad you are all together! Hope last night went well! He is just so precious! Let me know if you need anything!

Jason, Erin, Ella, and Colin said...

So happy for you guys!

Alison LeBlanc said...

So happy that you guys are home (and you that you have a couple of weeks of help!) You have three precious children!

Erica said...

Hudson is so darn cute I can hardly stand it! The new blog pics are awesome, too. Y'all are a beautiful family.

Let me know if you need anything.

Katie Jones said...

He is so precious, and the girls look like they are so in love with him! Congratulations on that sweet baby boy - and I LOVE the stork!