Friday, July 8, 2011

T-Ball and Harper counts to 10

Today I took the girls to Kangazoom and then we stopped by Chick-fil-a for cow appreciation day and to get some free chicken.  We had some cow hats the girls were given last week at Chick-fil-a, but it was fun to see lots of people there all decked out in their cow gear.  I should have known that the "real" cow would be there and been prepared.  Harper is terrified of him and as Handley would say, "she freaked out" as soon as she saw him.  Handley, on the other hand, couldn't get enough and kept running up to give the cow hugs.

After nap time and a little swimming at the pool we had the perfect Friday night.  Robby got home just in time for us to head outside after dinner and the girls loved riding bikes, scooters, and practiced their t-ball skills with him.  Both of them did great, but I was really impressed with Handley's ability to wack the ball on her own!




For a while now Harper has been counting to 10 and does it randomly over and over and over.  However, every time she thinks someone is looking (or listening) or if I ask her to do it on command she gets shy and won't perform.  Tonight while we were eating dinner she kept counting so I grabbed the Flip and thankfully she cooperated.  If you watch the video, you'll also see her newest word, "yucky" or as she says, "ucky" that she likes to use in an animated way to describe anything she doesn't want to eat.  Click HERE to see the video.

1 comment:

Julie, the mama said...

So glad at least someone I know made it to Cow Appreciation Day. I tried my best to get Bill to go tonight, and he wasn't down with wearing cow stuff. Next time I'll make sure to go at lunch time! ;-0