Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Hudson's first playgroup

Things have been going really well for us at home.  I can definitely say the transition from 2 kids to 3 has been way easier on me than going from 1 to 2.  Granted, my mom is still here through the week and continues to be a huge help, but I'm hoping I'll be singing the same tune next week when I'm on my own.  We had a low-key weekend that included a few visitors to come by and meet Hudson.  



Hudson continues to be a really good baby and although he still sleeps most of the time, he is starting to wake up a little more each day enjoy some playtime.  He seems very content when he is awake and enjoys just looking around.  We are still trying to figure out the nights.  I can't quite pinpoint what exactly is keeping him from getting into some good deep sleep, but I feel like it's getting a little better each night.  Before I know it this phase will be a distant memory though, so I'm totally fine being up with him each night.

Today was Hudson's first playgroup.  The girls have stayed busy each day with Mimi.  Every time they head out somewhere they ask why I'm not coming along with Hudson, so they were really happy that we would all be going to playgroup today.



Tiara, Avery and Dylan planned a tea party for today and all of the kids enjoyed dressing up in princess clothes and fancy attire for the special occasion.  They enjoyed a special punch in fancy glasses, sweet snacks, and lots of play time.






The wild and crazy kids playing all around him didn't seem to bother Hudson and he snoozed through most of playgroup.


The girls are being so sweet and I couldn't ask for them to have adjusted to Hudson any better.  They are constantly mimicking me with their baby dolls and want to help with him anyway they can.  Tonight just before bed I had Hudson on on a blanket doing tummy time in Harper's room and walked back in to find both girls laying with him.  :-)  It just melts my heart to have them love him so much.

5 comments:

The Dillards said...

Glad things are still going so smoothly . You look great and Hudson is quite the handsome fellow.

Jason, Erin, Ella, and Colin said...

Hudson is one lucky boy!! He has two of the best sisters in the world!

Atkinson Family said...

So, so, sweet! I am so glad he made the big outing! I still haven't gotten to hold him and plan on it as soon as we are in a non-crowded place where I can wash my hands well! He is so beautiful and I love those helpful loving big sisters too! You look amazing and it is so good to see you out and about just like normal!

Julie, the mama said...

Oh, that picture of the three of them is just all kinds of cute.

I am with you on the transition from 2 to 3. It was soooo much easier.

Glad to hear you are adjusting so well, although not the least bit surprised.

Alison LeBlanc said...

SO happy things are going so well!