Thursday, July 7, 2011

What we've been up to...

We've had a pretty uneventful week of pool time and a few errands.  I've made the rounds at Costco and Target to stock up on essentials before Hudson gets here.  I also packed my hospital bag, so if he decided to come before my due date (which is just under two weeks away) I'm ready.  My doctor's appointment on Tuesday proved still no progression so I'm beginning to think that Hudson is in for the long haul.  I'm really OK with it though because I'm still feeling pretty good and I know he will be here before I know it.

This morning after Handley's ballet class we made our way to Jen's pool to swim with she and Parker.  As usual, the girls love getting to see Parker and enjoy smothering him with oohs, ahhs, and baby toys.

This afternoon Handley was invited over to a friend's house in our neighborhood to make a necklace.  Before she left she asked Harper to "babysit" her baby...a job Harper took very seriously.  While Handley was busy there Harper and I ran a few errands.  She insisted on carrying Handley's baby in with us everywhere we went.  When we picked up Handley, she was so proud of her beautiful creation and even more excited to show me the bracelet she'd made for me!  I love it and love that she picked out my favorite color (turquoise) for my gift.


These girls are beyond ready for a real baby in our house.  They've always loved playing with baby dolls, but this week it has been ALL they want to do.  They come up with really elaborate scenes such as taking their babies to the fair, going to the doctor with them, and (in the picture below) even setting up a daycare for them while they go to work.


In the process of cleaning up this evening Handley spilled the Cheeze-It snack she had prepared for her baby.  Next thing I knew Harper had the dust buster attachment from her play vacuum to help clean up the crumbs.  As you can tell from the picture, they both found this hilarious and when I asked what she was doing she told me, "Re-Re made big mess!" At least she was trying to help...I just wish that thing really worked.



A few other funny things I want to remember Harper saying:

**The other day in the pool she was playing with a noodle while Handley swam over and grabbed a hold of it. I warned Handley that she needed to let Harper have her turn, but the second time Handley did it Harper looked her square in the eyes and told her, "NO MA'AM!!" Guess I say that more than I realize.

**Harper is always asking what Handley said if she and I are having a conversation about something.  I'll usually repeat things for her so she can be in on what we are talking about, but a lot of times Handley will tell her, "Don't worry about, Harper." The other day the roles were reversed and when Handley asked what Harper had said to me and Harper looked at her very matter-of-fact and said, "Don't worry about it, Re-Re." Ha! Robby and I both couldn't stop laughing.

3 comments:

Julie, the mama said...

Oh my gosh, I have laughed so hard that I have tears running down my face and my stomach hurts. LOVED every bit of this blog.

Alison LeBlanc said...

Glad to hear that you are enjoying your last few weeks! Your girls are going to be such great big sisters!

Kathy Mills said...

So stinkin' cute!!!