Thursday, July 21, 2011

Getting settled

This week we have been doing really well and have just been working on getting settled in at home.  I'm still feeling really great and it's been nice to be able to nap some during the day. I know I wouldn't be so lucky without the help of my mom who is keeping the girls happy and busy with their regular activities.  They are so used to being on the go, that I knew they would be bored just sitting at home.  So far this week they have been to the Regal Cinema $1 summer movies, went to play group, swam and had a picnic at the pool, went to Handley's ballet class this morning and I think tomorrow on the agenda is Kangazoom. 


Both girls are still really interested in Hudson and love him to pieces.  As soon as he makes a noise or starts crying the come running to his rescue.  Every time I change his diaper they rush to help and constantly want to hold him.  He tolerates it pretty well, even if he is falling over and totally uncomfortable. Ha! 


The nights had been pretty rough and he just wasn't sleeping.  I think he has a touch of reflux that was causing him to not be able to get settled and comfortable.  After having him sleep at a steep incline last night though, it seemed to do the trick and he only woke up once. I woke up feeling like a new woman this morning. 

Today was Hudson's first doctor's appointment and it went really well.  He is back to his birth weight and the Dr. told me he was "perfect."  I certainly think so, but it's always nice to hear it from someone else too.  That little outing wore him out and he spent the rest of the afternoon napping (which he pretty much does every other day too).  


He looks so different to me with his eyes open and my one goal today was to get a picture of him awake.  I was about to get on the computer and thought I wouldn't be successful, but thankfully he cooperated at the last minute. :-)

7 comments:

Julie, the mama said...

So glad to hear y'all are settling in nicely. He looks so alert with his precious little eyes open.

Atkinson Family said...

I CAN'T get enough! He is so beautiful! Your Mom and the girls are having so much fun and I know it must be so nice to not even have to worry about them! She is wonderful! Hope the sleeping uprightish continues to be the trick!

Alison LeBlanc said...

Love the last two pictures! He is such a beautiful baby!

Kathy Mills said...

I am loving the updates. He is just a sweety I cannot wait to hold that baby. I so wish we were closer! I am so happy your mom is there helping you. What a blessing!

Keep those updates coming! Pray all continues to go well for you:-)

Jason, Erin, Ella, and Colin said...

love, love, love the little collar outfit!

The Dillards said...

I am so glad to hear that things are progressing smoothly with the family of five. Hudson is so cute with his eyes open!

Stacey said...

He is so precious! It is so hard to believe you are the mommy to three beautiful children! I can't wait to meet him in person!