Saturday, July 16, 2011

Hudson Zachary


This morning we welcomed Hudson into the world!  I was scheduled to be induced this morning and came to the hospital as directed last night. During the night I woke up to contractions every 5 minutes so no induction was necessary after all.  After dealing with what felt like mild contractions from about 5:00 AM - 9:30 AM it was like a switch was flipped and I was in a lot of pain asking for my epidural.  I had to finish receiving a bag of IV fluids first and then thankfully the anesthesiologist worked quickly. Turns out I got it just in time, because right after that the nurse was calling my doctor to rush in and deliver.  He was born at 11:07 AM and I was thankful for a quick and easy delivery.  It all happened so fast that it felt very surreal and I didn't quite have time to process the fact that our baby boy was here!


He weighed 7 lbs. 2 oz. and was 20 inches long.



When we got to our post-delivery room a few hours later I think it all finally hit me.  I was a mom of 3 kids!!!  We were thrilled to have the girls come meet their baby brother and they were very excited.  As you can tell from the huge smile on Harper's face in every picture, she is ecstatic about her new role of big sister.


Hard for me to believe we are now a family of 5!!!


Trey and Stefanie, Gigi and Papa, and Mimi and Dadaw were all there to visit too!  I think the nurse was a little overwhelmed by everyone when she walked in to find a room full of people, but everyone was loving on Hudson and he slept through the whole thing.  I'm hoping this is a sign of things to come because this little guy is going to be dealing with a lot of commotion when he gets home too.






 After everyone left we had a little down time with our little guy and were both amazed at how alert and awake he seems to be.  He also seems very content.  He was happy just hanging out on the bed, looking around, and taking it all in.


As I type this I am feeling great and Hudson is snuggled on my chest.  I'm soaking up the precious newborn stage and the sweet newborn smell.  I know this is our "caboose" and I want to savor every second.  

14 comments:

Lizzi said...

He is just so precious!! I can't wait to meet him. Sleep good tonight and let those nurses take good care of you.

Julie, the mama said...

Sending many, many congratulations to your precious family. Love all of the pictures. Especially the first family shot. Y'all just look so complete now!

Stacey said...

Now I REALLY have to plan my trip to see y'all!!! I'm SO glad he is here and your family is complete! He is absolutely precious and I know you are enjoying every second of having a newborn baby again....and a little boy at that! I can't wait to see you guys!!! Love y'all!

Carrie Davis said...

Congratulations. He is beautiful. I'm glad it all went smoothly.

Renee said...

Congrats to your sweet little family!! He is precious!!

Allie Sutton said...

Your beautiful family looks so complete! And you have a BOY!!! Sending so much love as you settle in as a mama of 3!!

Erin said...

Congrats to you guys. What an exciting time!

Erica said...

He is precious! The family shot of the 5 of you is beautiful!!! Congratulations to you and Robby.

Ashleigh Finger said...

Congratulations! I was so excited to see this post! Hudson is adorable and your family is beautiful. You look gorgeous too! Have fun soaking this up :). I see he weighed exactly what Kate did!!

Allison D said...

Congratulations, Poseners! Can't wait to meet your new addition. :)

Jason, Erin, Ella, and Colin said...

We are so, so excited for you guys! What a great birth story:) And I don't think there could be a better first family of 5 picture!

Kathy Mills said...

Awww! I am crying reading this! What a perfect "caboose" story! Congratulations again. He is just precious!

Atkinson Family said...

So, so, sweet!! I love all the pictures and am so glad things went so smoothly! I can't wait to see the little guy in person! The whole family is glowing and I know he will be the perfect caboose! Congratulations Mama of three! So, so, happy for you! XOXO

Lindy and Gabe said...

Hudson is adorable! What a precious family!