Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Thank goodness for girlfriends

I feel so lucky to have great friends who also happen to be my neighbors.  I could not have asked for better friends.  Today Handley took a big spill.  She was running down the driveway at playgroup, got going too fast, and fell face first.  I saw the whole thing happen like it was in slow motion and took off running to her rescue.  I left Harper playing without thinking twice about her because I knew that she would be well taken care of.  Carrie, who's house we were at, was right behind me to help Handley's cuts and scrapes.  She has scrapes on her knee, hand, and shoulder, but her face took the brunt of the fall.  She has been complaining of her face hurting all evening and I'm sure it does.  She did tell me that she thinks it will be better tomorrow and I sure do hope.  I have a feeling the bruising might be worse tomorrow before it gets better.  


Tonight all of our husbands happened to be out of town or busy so we planned a girls dinner followed by ice-cream treats. That seemed to help Handley feel better (or at least forget about her face for a little while).  I love how much these little girls love one another and that they are learning the value of great girlfriends at such an early age.  As we were heading home they were all hugging and kissing each other goodbye.  So cute!



9 comments:

Julie, the mama said...

Bless her precious, sweet, adorable, did I say precious yet heart!

Y'all have the BEST neighborhood EVER. What a blessing for all of those kids to have such good friends all around them.

Hope Miss Handley is on the mend soon.

Katie Jones said...

OH my gosh, poor Handley! I bet that does hurt terribly! Hope she's feeling better soon.

Carrie Davis said...

Poor thing! That looks like it hurts! Friends are the best.

Jennifer said...

Such an adorable group! Handley looks just pitiful in that first one, poor thing! Hopefully her love of icecream and bandaids were a good cure.

Erica said...

Oh no the poor little thing! I hope she is feeling better really soon. Also, can I just say how much I love how Harper is one of the girls in that last picture? They all look they're posing for Picture Man at a sorority social!

Jason, Erin, Ella, and Colin said...

I am so sorry to hear that Handley is hurt! I know it must have broken your heart to see that happen. I hope she feels better soon!

Atkinson Family said...

That must have been quite a spill! I didn't picture her having that many owies! Poor baby!!! We will have to get her a little surprise to feel better. So sorry! You are right about the best neighborhood and best little girlfriends and Momfriends! We are lucky!

Renee said...

Poor baby! That little tear in the first picture is heartbreaking! I bet that was horrible for you to see too! Glad it wasn't any worse!

Kathy Mills said...

So stinkin' CUTE!!!!

Poor little Handley. Hope she is feeling better soon!