Saturday, October 30, 2010

Carving Pumpkins

We had such a fun day yesterday. Since my parents are in town they got to come with us to Handley's gymnastics class and after gymnastics we took them to our favorite lunch spot, The Bakery, as Handley likes to call it.  Everyone enjoyed their lunch and special treat before heading home to spend some time outdoors soaking up the gorgeous fall weather.  





After nap/rest time we started on our pumpkins.  Every year I want to do something a little more creative than the regular jack-o-lantern face, but somehow we always run out of time and just end up doing something simple.  I decided I wanted to try carving a Georgia "G" in one of the pumpkins since we have a big game today.  Handley wanted a castle for our other big pumpkin.  I wasn't quite up for that challenge so she suggested a flower to match her costume.  That was something I thought we could pull off.


Harper took the job of removing the pumpkin seeds very seriously, but Handley wasn't as thrilled with touching all the goo.  With the help of Mimi we got our pumpkins ready to carve and I'm so happy with the way they turned out.



After dinner it was dark enough to light them up and both girls were so excited to pose beside our pumpkins.




1 comment:

Jason, Erin, Ella, and Colin said...

GREAT job on the pumpkin! And you got some great pictures (as usual)!!