Thursday, October 28, 2010

Pre-school Halloween Party

Today was Handley's pre-school Halloween party.  The kids got to wear their costumes and they all looked so cute.  This year Handley is a sunflower.  Harper is going to wear Handley's old bumble bee costume and I when I was trying to come up with something for Handley that would go with a bee I thought of a flower.  I found a sunflower princess costume online for $50 and decided I could make my own version for much, much less.

Handley was thrilled that I would be able to attend her party without Harper (thanks to Tiara to keeping her) and that it would "just us" as she likes to say.  They had a pizza lunch and also a jello/candy corn dessert that was a hit!  After lunch we had planned several stations for the kids including a sticker craft, making orange and black beaded bracelets, playing pin the nose on the jack-o-lantern and digging through spaghetti "worms" for treats.

 



Spaghetti worms

The best group shot I could get. 

Handley with her teachers, Mrs. Nina and Mrs. Gloria. 

4 comments:

Erica said...

Great job on her costume! It's adorable!

Atkinson Family said...

As always, that little sunflower is the cutest! Glad you were able to have such a special party. I can't wait for ours!

Renee said...

What a cute costume!!!

Jason, Erin, Ella, and Colin said...

I love the little sunflower:) It will be perfect with your little bee!