Sunday, October 17, 2010

Burt's Pumpkin Patch

I just love tradition, and for our family, heading up to Burt's Farm to visit the pumpkin patch is tradition. It's an outing we plan every fall and this year was no different.  This was our 4th year visiting Burt's and I have learned a thing or two.  First of all, don't go in the middle of the day on a Saturday or Sunday and expect to ride the hayride without waiting over an hour.  YES, I said and hour, but probably should say an hour and a half!  They have multiple tractors pulling hayrides, but it is just so popular that the lines backs up and the wait is unreal.  No matter when you go, you'll think all of Atlanta decided to go on that day too.  I just love it though.  I love the drive up on the country roads, seeing all of the small towns and the gorgeous colors of the changing fall leaves.

I woke our crew up bright and early this morning and although they may have been complaining at 7:30 when I was getting everyone dressed to go, they sure were thanking me when we only waited 15-20 mins for the hayride.  When we left the line was over an hour and a half long.

We started off with the hayride before the line got out of control and they both loved it.  It was fun to see the corn fields, pumpkin fields, and the talking pumpkins.  This is a real deal hay ride pulled by a John Deere tractor.
My new favorite picture of me with my girls!



Next it was off to explore the pumpkins.  They have every variety...orange, white, blue, big or small...they've got them all.




Harper loved laying on the pumpkins and when asked which one she liked she would point and say, "that" move to the next one, point and say, "that" move to the next one, point and say, "that."  You get the idea.  She liked them all!


When I tried to get Handley help us pick one out she started thumping them (like we do our watermelons  in the grocery store when we are trying to pick a good one). Ha!  We picked a few good ones and then she announced those were too big and she thought we should get one that she could pick up.

Mission Accomplished!

The girls loved "helping" with the wheel barrow and loved sitting in it too!






 All in all it was a great day and I'm sure we'll be back again next year!

6 comments:

Jennifer said...

So much fun! I can't wait to take baby next year!

Julie, the mama said...

ok, my favorite group of pictures ever. The girls looked absolutely darling in their pumpkin outfits, and it looks like y'all had a great day at the farm.

Jason, Erin, Ella, and Colin said...

Once again, you got some great pictures!! We just love Burt's!!

Erica said...

Love these pictures! I am so excited about going now!!

Atkinson Family said...

Great pictures and what a fun, fun day! Definately worth the ride! So much fun!

Erin said...

Great pictures, amazing color in some of those! Looks like you guys had a great time!