Thursday, October 7, 2010

Muffins with Mom and Tumbling class

This morning was "Muffins with mom" at Handley's school and she was very excited that I'd be able to come in her class with her.  When we arrived we learned that she was one of the "helpers" for the day (a job she takes very seriously).  Her teacher did a condensed version of their calendar and morning routine.  Handley got to hold the flag for the pledge of allegiance, and also got to pass out napkins to everyone.  She was so proud and I was too.



After eating our muffins and juice all the kids performed a few songs they had been practicing.  I loved getting a sneak-peek into their classroom dynamics, how things are done, and how they each interact with the teachers.



Today was a big day for Harper.  Not only did she finally let me put in her first pig-tails, but she also had her first tumbling class.  To say she loved it would be a major understatement.


As soon as we walked in she ran right up to the teacher and was ready to go.  It's a  mommy-and-me class, but Harper wanted nothing to do with me.  She kept looking around for Ms. Rita and wanted her to help with all of the activities.





She is usually full speed ahead and today was no different.  If anything, it was amplified because of her excitement.  She jumped, tumbled, climbed, and literally tried to run across the balance beam. She followed directions very well for her first time and although she needs to learn to slow down, I am sure that she is going to LOVE this class.  She didn't want to leave when it was over and kept saying "more RiRi (Rita)."

9 comments:

Jamie Clark said...

That is too precious. I love her pigtails! Your girls are just beautiful!

Tiffany Lockette said...

Where is she taking her tumbling class? I have looked all over for a class for my daughter. I am in the ATL area. I'm looking for an evening class or weekend class.

Alison LeBlanc said...

That is so sweet that Harper is in tumbling now too! Your descriptions of Harper remind me so much of Jude (and the blond hair resemblance helps as well). I think I am going to reduce Finnan to two days at play group so that he can start a gymnastics class this winter. I didn't even think of Jude, but now I am going to look into that as well.

Jennifer said...

Finally, pig tails!!!!! :) So excited!

Atkinson Family said...

What a great day for all! Glad Handley had a special time with you and Harper as well! They both look so happy! Can't tell you enough how much I love those pigtails!

Julie, the mama said...

I LOVE that these girls love being helpers so much. And I love, love that picture of Handley holding the flag. And I love, love, love sweet Harper doing her thing at the gymnastics class. She is clearly loving every minute of it.

Stacey said...

Um...there are no words for the cuteness of those pig tails!!!! Handley looks so big in those pictures!!

Jason, Erin, Ella, and Colin said...

I love Harper in pigtails:) She looks so big!

Katie Weber said...

Your girls are so precious! I would love to get some info on the tumbling class as well. So cute!