Tuesday, May 18, 2010

The start of our summer

The start of our summer has been fantastic.  Both Monday and Tuesday we started the morning with a nice long walk/run around the neighborhood, ran a quick errand, and then spent about 3 hours at the pool.  I didn't intend for us to stay so long but both girls are loving the water and all of the time outdoors and it's just so hard to leave.  The sun and swimming is wearing us out because both days Harper has fallen asleep on the short 2 minute ride home from the pool to our house.  She is so tired that I'm able to get her into the crib without waking her and she's taken really long naps each day.  Handley has really "rested" while watching a movie and I get a little quiet time to myself.  If we don't have other plans I think this is how we will probably be spending EVERY day over the summer that is just fine by me. 

I don't have any pictures from the pool because I'm constantly hanging on to one of them in the water.  Both are pretty brave and today just before we left to head home Handley was "swimming" alone (with her life jacket on) so I was really proud of her.  She takes swim lessons in a few weeks and is really excited about that.  

The one picture I do have is of them eating a snack with their friend Addyson.  There is something about swimming that makes us so hungry! 

In other news...Trey and Stefanie moved into their new house over the weekend so we stopped by on Sunday to see their home.  I was impressed by how much they had already gotten unpacked.  Handley kept saying "this looks so nice" and didn't want to leave.  I told her since they are so close now we'll be seeing lots of them! 

And I just had to include this picture of Handley.  She is really into playing dress-up right now.  On this particular day we were at a friends for play group and she just couldn't stop with one outfit, she had to put on everything she could find. :-)

2 comments:

Julie, the mama said...

You are so good. I could never figure out how to handle both of mine at the pool together.

Glad y'all are enjoying this nice weather. Summer is such a fun time to be home with the kids! What a blessing!!!

Alison LeBlanc said...

That sounds so nice! I can't wait until the pool opens here. If I can handle the two boys there, I am very much looking forward to using swimming as a tool for wearing them out (and hopefully getting Jude to sleep past 5 am!)