Friday, May 21, 2010

A much needed day at home

We are always on the go.  I get bored sitting around the house and I think the girls do too, so I usually cram our days full of play-dates, pool time, running errands, and other special outings. This week alone we had pool time, two water-fun play groups, tumbling class, a trip to Southern Prep for fun, and a few lunches out with friends.  I had something fun planned for us today, but after a mild breakdown by both girls yesterday evening I had to back out of our plans and declare a day at home.  Besides a quick trip to the grocery store this morning we've done nothing and it has been just what we needed. 

I mention this a lot, but I love watching Handley and Harper play together.  Of course they have their moments of sibling rivalry, but for the most part they entertain each other so well and keep each other great company. Today while I was cleaning up the dishes from lunch I overheard them giggling together and just smiled to myself as they played.  I'll probably jinx myself by saying this but life feels so easy right now.  Easy and wonderful.  Two kids is definitely busy.  Two kids means no breaks for Mommy.  Two kids also means life-long playmates, friends, and love.   They are at such adorable ages and with Harper walking now the two of them are the best of friends.  Harper squeals with excitement each morning when I tell her it's time to go get Handley up.  Handley is so loving and says the most adorable things to Harper.  Today when Harper fell and bumped her head she sweetly kissed it and asked, "Are you OK baby girl?"  How did I get to be so lucky to be the mom of these two adorable little girls???  



6 comments:

Atkinson Family said...

I hear you on needing a day at home. We did that Monday and it was fabulous. You are such a wonderful Mommy and those girls are lucky too! I love hearing that things are easy at this point. You keep me motivated! You have beautiful girls. I love the pictures!

Alison LeBlanc said...

What sweet, beautiful girls. And I second the previous comment, they are lucky to have such a great Mama!

Erica said...

I totally know what you mean about having to have a day at home. I have to do that at least once a week or I'll go nuts. So cute how Handley is so sweet to Harper. Grace is like that with Bonnie, too, and I keep praying it never stops!

Erin said...

Your girls are wonderful! I love Harper's hair, those blonde curls are to die for!

Unknown said...

You make me want to have more babies!! I love how sweet they are to each other!!

Julie, the mama said...

Oh, I just love this post for so many reasons! First, the pictures are just precious. And the stories of their love for each other just makes my heart smile.

I often wonder what in the world I would do to keep Hendley occupied if she didn't have the Boss to play with all the time. Sibling love is just so fun at this age.

I hear you on the day at home thing, too. Sometimes it is just what the doctor ordered to get us back on track.