Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Last Day of School

Today was Handey's last day of school.  I can hardly believe that an entire school year has passed. As she started school I was nervous and not sure how the year would go. However, it was the BEST thing I could have done for her and I've loved watching her blossom this year.  Last night when I was talking to her about it being her last day she asked what we were going to do when school was over???  Good question!  It will be an adjustment, but we have lots of fun things planned for this summer so I'm sure we'll keep ourselves busy.  

To celebrate the last day we had an ice cream party for her class.  They kids got to load up their ice cream with as many sprinkles and toppings that they wanted! 

Harper had fun climbing around at the party and I could just tell she thought school was a lot of fun too! 

Handley's teacher, Mrs. Deborah, was amazing.  I'm so thankful that Handley was in her class. Each day I sent her to school I knew she was loved and cared for.  I know that she was the reason Handley has learned to love school. I can't wait for Harper to be in her class in a few years! 

The End of the Year reception is later this week and Friday they have a carnival so we'll have a few more fun things to do with her pre-school before summer really begins!  

4 comments:

Alison LeBlanc said...

That is amazing that her school year is done! I love their ice cream dresses!

Justin and Kristin said...

Handley's band-aids are too cute!

Erica said...

Boo for no more school, but yay for camps (and the pool)! :-)

Jennifer said...

Oh, I love those ice cream outfits. So glad Handley still fits in that one. Your mom is way too talented...hmmm...wonder where you get it from. :)

Can't believe her school year is over already!