Wednesday, May 5, 2010

A little water fun

Today was HOT.  It felt great all day (except during the 30 mins I was trying to run for a little exercise around my neighborhood at 3:45 pm, the hottest part of the day!  At that point the heat made me feel like I was about to pass out and I decided I would either have to run in the mornings or walk in the afternoons).  

We made a day of being outdoors.  We started the morning playing at a nearby park with friends and followed that with a picnic. Then this afternoon I had planned on us going to our neighborhood playground but since it was so hot I decided at the last minute that a little water fun might be a better idea.  I filled up the baby pools, lathered the girls up in sunscreen, and let them have at it!  Avery, Dylan, and Addyson came over to join in the fun.  

(When Addyson arrived the kids had all gotten the hang of splashing, so my camera had be strategically placed in a dry spot!  Wish I would have gotten a pic of all the girls though)
Dylan just loved seeing the girls splash around and have fun.  They were literally cracking him up and his sweet belly laugh was too cute!
Harper was a little slow to warm up to the idea (I don't blame her because the water was COLD) but she eventually started leaning over to splash and turned around with a big grin each time she would do it.  Finally she climbed right in and had a ball.


Nothing like a hot day, a little water play, and popsicles to make me SO ready for summer fun! 

3 comments:

Jason, Erin, Ella, and Colin said...

Harper's eyes are soooooo blue!!! What a cutie:)

Atkinson Family said...

What a fun day! We had a great time and will have to do it again. Did you fit that pool in your car? I think I might make the purchase! I also have to get that picture of Dylan! Handley was making him laugh and she was so sweet! Yippie for summer!

Alison LeBlanc said...

How fun! I looked at our pool the other day and think it might be beyond repair...guess I shouldn't have kept it outside all year :(