Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Pretend Birthday

Today Handley got to celebrate her "pretend birthday" at school since her birthday will fall in the summer while they aren't at school.  She helped me make cupcakes for the occasion and was a little confused by the whole thing.  This morning she asked if there would be goodies bags and presents at school for her birthday.  

I wasn't expecting to get to stay, but like I've mentioned before, Handley's teacher is really sweet so she invited me into the classroom to stay for a little while this morning so I could be there as they sang Happy Birthday.  Of course my camera battery died, but thank goodness for camera phones. 

It was a big day at school today because after I left the kids were having a water day.  They were all in swimsuits and got to play with bubbles, water tables, sidewalk chalk, sand boxes, in little pools.  I can't believe next week is her last week of school!  Where did the year go?!?

3 comments:

Jason, Erin, Ella, and Colin said...

If you can only get one picture, that one was the best one to get!

Julie, the mama said...

I know; this year has flown by. I just can't believe how much these little girls have grown up since the Fall.

Glad Handley got the pretend bday in before the end of the year!

Jennifer said...

Cute pic! Haha, that girl loves her party goodie bags. ;)