Saturday, May 15, 2010

Harper is WALKING!!!

I feel like I've been neglecting to share a very big piece of information about Harper - she is finally WALKING!!!!!  The past few weeks she has gotten a little braver and began to take a few steps here and there.  However, this week she has really taken an interest to being on her feet and has really taken off.  On Thursday she surprised me by standing up in the middle of the floor without pulling up on anything.  She still falls (a lot) but she almost always just stands right back up and keeps going instead of resorting to crawling.  Yesterday and today she definitely walked more than she crawled so I'm going to just go ahead and call it. I finally caught her on video this morning.  You'll get to see her falls and all in this one. :-) 




(If you listen closely in the background Handley asks if we can do a video of dancing.  Then she says, "shake your booty, shake your boo-oo-ty!"  She's too funny!)

4 comments:

Erica said...

Go girl!!

Julie, the mama said...

Yay for Harper! I think it gets so much easier when you don't have to carry them everywhere.

Allison D said...

Yahooo! I love that walk...too cute. And Happy 1st Birthday baby girl!

Justin and Kristin said...

So cute!