Monday, May 10, 2010

Mother's Day Weekend

We had a wonderful Mother's Day weekend at the lake.  Our friends Brain and Lisa and my brother and sister-in-law, Trey and Stefanie, were able to come up with us too.  

Saturday the weather was gorgeous.  Warm sunny skies and the perfect day to be on the water.  The lake level is SO high this year so some of our best "beaches" that Handley likes to play at are under water, but we were able to find a little beach for her and she spent about an hour digging in the sand.  

Gigi and Papa were at the lake for the weekend too so we hung out with them on Saturday and then Handley got to go on a boat ride with them, help Papa drive his boat, and eat peanuts while watching Trey and Robby wake-board.  
I was happy to discover two things about Harper this weekend.  1 - she can nap on the boat (this is HUGE...Handley always napped on the boat when she was her age and I was just hoping Harper could do the same) 2 - Harper loved the water!  She couldn't get enough of it. :-)
Saturday evening we went back and hung out at the house.  The girls played in the water table and Robby taught Handley how to make funny faces.  After a long day in the sun, everyone slept well that night. 

We woke up on Sunday to find really chilly temperatures.  It was going to be way to cold to get out on the water before we'd need to head home so we decided to leave early that day.  By the time we got everything cleaned up and packed in the car it was lunch time.  We grabbed lunch and headed over to Gigi and Papa's place on the lake.  They showed Handley the baby ducks living by their house and she even got to feed them.  We enjoyed relaxing on the porch and watching Harper practice walking.




As we were getting ready to leave the temperatures were nearing 70 degrees and we made a very last minute decision to head back to the house and head out on the water for a little while.  The girls and I took naps as Robby drove us around. It was so relaxing and the perfect way to celebrate Mother's Day.  We ate an early dinner, put the girls in their PJ's and hit the road for home.  Harper fell asleep in the car and somehow I was able to keep her asleep as I put her in the crib at home.  It's nice to know they can be flexible and we don't have to always leave early on Sundays and cut our time there short.  


I feel so blessed to have two beautiful girls.  They bring me such joy and I feel like I am living my dream.  I'm very grateful for how hard my husband works to allow me the opportunity to be at home with them each day.  I had a wonderful Mother's Day day and thought it was funny when Handley asked me if I was a mom and then she sweetly told me Happy Mother's Day.

Happy Belated Mother's Day to everyone!!! 

2 comments:

Erica said...

Glad you had a great Mother's Day and also that the weather was nice for your weekend at the lake!

Jennifer said...

It looks like you guys had so much fun!! So glad it is finally so nice out, yea for this summer! Happy Mother's Day!!