Saturday, June 29, 2013

Fantastic Friday

I feel like I haven't been able to post much this summer because we are just having so much fun and definitely keeping ourselves busy.

Today we started the day off having water fun at our neighbor's house.  Carrie invited us over so the kids could splash and play in the kiddie pool and run through the sprinklers.  They were loving it and it was the perfect day to plan it because it was SO hot. I was wishing I had worn my bathing suit, too!


Next we were off to meet up with my childhood best friend and my maid of honor from my wedding.  Kristen and I have been friends for about 20 years and she is probably one of my longest, dearest friends.  We grew up dancing together and shared many, many wonderful memories together.  Life has been happening and unfortunately kept us from seeing each other for WAY too long.  We picked right up where we left off today at lunch though and the kids loved getting to see her also.  I strategically planned for us to eat lunch at a Mexican spot because I knew Hudson would stay happy eating cheese dip while Kristen and I caught up.  When it was finally time to leave the kids kept giving her hugs over and over.
 

We ended the day at Jen's pool swimming with friends and enjoying pizza and popsicles, poolside.  It made for a fantastic Friday and was the perfect way to end our week!

1 comment:

Kristen said...

Awe so sweet!!!!!! Loved Friday and catching-up so much!!!! xoxo