Saturday, June 1, 2013

A better day

I'm so happy to report that today was a much better day with Hudson. This morning started off rough so I was a little worried about how the rest of the day would go, but after one meltdown the rest of the day was as looking up.  Robby and I had cancelled our plans for this evening because I was worried about leaving him with a sitter after seeing how awful yesterday was.  I was thankful for time with my sweet little guy though and tonight instead of getting dressed up and going to a grown-up party we took a picnic to the pool with the kids, swam and had a low-key evening.  All three of the kids are LOVING the water and can't get enough of swimming.

The girls had their dance recital rehearsal this afternoon and asked me a million questions as we were driving there.  They were so curious to see the theater and the big stage they would be dancing on.  As soon as we walked in they both squealed and had huge smiles on their faces.  When they were up on the stage they seemed to love it and I can't wait for tomorrow night when they actually get to perform.

After that we rushed home to get them changed, have lunch and head to Parker's birthday party.  It was at a local park complete with a bounce house, bubbles and all sorts of goodies.  I think Hudson was the most excited about the party because he just LOVES and idolizes Parker.  Parker is always so sweet with "baby Hudson" as he calls him and today was no different.  As we were telling him bye he leaned over and gave Hudson little kiss on his head.


I forgot to add this picture to my post the other day, but this was from Avery's pool party!


And I although Hudson was acting better today he isn't sleeping better.  Last night he was up a lot and right now he just woke up for the second time and is hanging out/half asleep on the couch with me as I catch-up on The Voice on my DVR.


2 comments:

Ashleigh Finger said...

I hope he feels better soon! We have days like that too when Kate is so clingy. I know how you feel. I'll say a little prayer for you tonight because I know us moms need our sanity in tact!!

Stefanie said...

Poor thing. Hope he's feeling better soon. I love how Harper is hugging Parker in that picture. Like she's so happy to say, "This is my boyfriend. Ladies watch out." ;)