Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Why I shop alone

I usually try to run most of my errands on days that both girls are in school, but with Christmas quickly approaching I have a long to-do list so I decided to do a few things this morning with both Hudson and Harper.  At our first stop, Hobby Lobby, I was reminded why it is best to shop alone.  I was looking at a few items and Harper spotted a tote bag.  I let her get it off the shelf and start carrying it around on the aisle we were on.  I kept hearing her say, "this one, and this one..." but she was being quiet and I could see her out of the corner of my eye so I stayed glued to the items I was looking at and trying to decide between.  When I was done I asked if she was ready to go and I discovered this:


She had put about 50 bottles of paint in her bag!  I couldn't believe it and she seemed shocked when I told her we had to put it all back.  She just kept telling me that she needed to pay for her things.

That little incident goes right along with her new favorite game: Lady and Ma'am.  We play ALL day long.  The Lady is the shopper and the Ma'am is the "payer" (cashier).  I'm usually the Ma'am. Harper will collect random objects, bring them to me along with her wallet, and tell me she is ready to pay.  I have to take each item, add up her total, and then she pays me with her pretend credit cards and play money.  If I happen to call her Harper, even 10 minutes later, she promptly reminds me, "No Mommy, I still the Lady and you still the Ma'am."


5 comments:

Julie, the mama said...

I am literally laughing so hard right now that I have tears rolling down my face. OH MY CUTENESS. That bag filled with those paints got me so tickled, and the game just sent me over the edge. Too funny!!!

Erica said...

The 2-year-old age is so funny. Last night, Bonnie didn't want to go to bed so she kept running into Grace's room and asking her if she wanted "choco-latta." Random!

Erin said...

I love it, any mom of young kids completely understands the ease of shopping alone. That is such a funny story!

Stefanie said...

That's hilarious! I can just see her disappointed face when you told her she had to put it back.

Ashleigh Finger said...

How funny! Don't you love these moments that put a little laughter into your day :)