Friday, December 23, 2011

Christmas Eve Eve

I have really enjoyed having the girls home the past two days and, with the exception of a little party last night, we have not gone anywhere or done anything out of the house.  It's been wonderful.  Handley and Harper have been playing so well together and have also loved being home together with no real agenda.  Yesterday we wrapped gifts, today we made cookies for Santa and in between that fun I've done loads and loads and loads of laundry.  I've also answered at least 100 times, when Christmas will be here.  The kids are SO excited and we are too.  

Tonight after dinner we bundled up and took a ride on the golf cart to check out all the Christmas lights. 
 

The class parties on Wednesday were lots of fun.  Both were at the exact same time and I had planned to just split my time between the two classes.  When I let Handley know about that idea she wasn't thrilled.  I called Gigi and thankfully she was free for the afternoon so she came too.  That way, no one had to be without someone at their party and everyone was happy.  I know I've said this before, but I just love the pre-school the girls attend and their teachers are fantastic.  The girls absolutely love them and I do too!



Last night my neighbor planned a party and invited Santa!  We all knew he was really busy, but he and Mrs. Claus were able to get away from their Christmas duties for a quick stop by the party.  He read the kids a story and gave them each a little gift.  


Handley got a Strawberry Shortcake movie and Harper got a Dora watch.  


Harper showing her watch to Mrs. Claus

1 comment:

Julie, the mama said...

So, that golf cart has proven to be one of my favorite things ever. I SO want one for our family after seeing all the fun y'all have cruising around in style.

Looks like y'all are already having a wonderful Christmas. Merry, merry!