Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Final Christmas Celebration

Today was rainy, but it was so nice to just hang around my mom and dad's house.  The girls enjoyed playing with all their new toys and Harper loved wearing her new jeans.  This evening was the last Christmas celebration for us with my mom's side of the family.  It's always a big crew with lots of chaos, but tons of fun.




 Thankfully the rain cleared up so the kids had fun playing corn hole and roasting marshmallows outside while the adults had fun catching up and reminiscing about old times.  The kids got spoiled with more gifts and I swear its going to take me at least a week to unpack and organize all their stuff when we get home.  Everyone is always so generous though and I'm so happy that my extended family is still as close as ever.




Today is also mine and Robby's anniversary.  We've been married 8 years.  We are talking about it in the car earlier and discussing how we were going to celebrate by going out to a nice lunch tomorrow while we have babysitters here.  Handley perked up and asked if it was my anniversary.  When I told her it was, she then asked Robby if it was his anniversary too. :-)  It was kind of hard to explain to her, but she was happy to try to understand.

2 comments:

Julie, the mama said...

Happy, happy anniversary to y'all - one of the cutest, sweetest couples in the world!

And OH MY GOSH, did you not just melt when you saw Hudson's smile in that picture with you and Handley? So, so, so cute.

Julie said...

Happy Anniversary! I just love the picture of you, Handley and Hudson smiling! So cute!