Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Ready for Christmas Break

I am so ready for Christmas break! The girls have still been in school this week and I just want them to be done and be at home!  I want to be able to make Christmas cookies, wrap gifts together, and do all the fun things that make it feel like Christmas.  Tomorrow is their last day, and their class Christmas parties, and I couldn't be more ready.

Today I let the girls wrap gifts to give each other.  I gave them each a few choices of things I had already bought and they were so cute picking out the gift, choosing the wrapping paper, putting on the bow and placing their gifts under the Christmas tree.  They are both eyeing what's under there (our first wrapped gifts under the tree) and have been so sweet to each other.  I love seeing how excited they are about giving their gifts to one another.  They are in the spirit of giving because this afternoon they made some pictures or something in the playroom and "wrapped" them up for Robby and I and stuck those under the tree too. 

This afternoon we had our playgroup Christmas party.  The kids made reindeer food, at snacks, did a craft and had a secret Santa gift exchange.  Harper loved her new dress up clothes and Handley was over the moon about the jewelry box she received.

We were too busy having fun for me to take many pictures, but I did manage to get one of my three before we went out the door.  My mom always makes the kids Christmas outfits each year, and I just love these in non-traditional Christmas colors.  Cute little Christmas trees on a pink dress couldn't make Handley any happier.  Harper wasn't thrilled to change out of her jeans, but gladly did knowing that she got to wear the dress Mimi made for her.


1 comment:

Julie, the mama said...

ok, you know I always look forward to seeing what your talented mama comes up with and these outfits this year are absolutely adorable. I also love the pink and green. And Hudson looks so precious in his blue.

Our first wrapped gifts just got under the tree a few minutes ago, and by the end of it, I am pretty sure Hendley's wrapping would have been better than mine.

Glad you are about to have your girls out of school. I know y'all will have a ton of fun getting ready for the big day.