Thursday, December 8, 2011

Parent Observation Day


Today was parent observation day at Handley's ballet and tap class.  She was excited to have us there watching and we couldn't wait to see what she'd been learning all year.  We were supposed to observe what a "regular" class is like, but with all of the extra parents and siblings in the room, I think it threw some of the girls off a bit.  Handley, for one, was distracted, but excited about all of the people.  She seemed most happy to have Hudson in there watching because every time she danced by she was only looking at him.



Harper got in on the action too.  She was just itching to get down out of the seats where we were so I told her she could stand up right in front of us dance along.  Let me just say that girl is going to L-O-V-E ballet and tap when she starts her class after the holidays.


We came home and I had a little gingerbread house craft activity for the girls to complete while I was getting dinner ready.  That didn't go over so well.  Handley, the perfectionist, was getting rather irritated with Harper, who was haphazardly placing stickers and decorations in random spots.  I kept trying to tell Handley that it really didn't matter and that she could fix it later.  I also might have mentioned that Harper is only two so she doesn't quite understand how to do these projects as well as a four year old.  The next time Handley said something to Harper about the way she was placing the stickers Harper looked at her and said, "Hawey (what she calls Handley right now), I two, not four so this is how I do it."  That sent Handley over the edge so she just decided to walk away from the project and re-visit it another day.  Between the two of them fighting and Hudson being extra tired/fussy tonight I was about to loose it.  Handley must have seen me looking frazzled and sweetly asked, "Mommy, what can I do to help you out."  Love that sweet girl of mine and the big helper that she is on a daily basis.


One last little note about Hudson, he is totally back on track with sleep and tummy issues.  So much so that I decided he was ready to give food a try again.  Tonight was day 3 of sweet potatoes and he really loves them.  After the first few bites he was leaning forward with his mouth wide open ready for more.



The girls excited about Hudson trying sweet potatoes for the first time on Tuesday!

5 comments:

Atkinson Family said...

Okay, I am totally teary! After seeing Handley in her precious ballet outfit I had a meltdown! It feels like yesterday we met at the Arnolds and we were playing for the first time ever at Kangazoom! Now her legs are longer than mine and she is stunning! I love her so much and can't believe that she is closer to 5 than 4! Where has the time gone? We are so lucky to be with our babes! You are such a great Mommy! Love you and Harper and Hudson too! P.S. I can't beleive how much fun he is now! I love it!

Julie, the mama said...

That picture of Handley watching Harper do the gingerbread house got me so tickled. Classic!

Love the picture of the three of them.

And oh my goodness, Handley looks PRESH in her ballet outfit. She looks so tall and skinny. The perfect little ballerina!

Stefanie said...

I'll be sure to let Handley help me with the "neat" gingerbread house while Harper can work on the other one and put candy wherever she pleases. haha That is too funny. I love how Harper mimics everything you say too.

Jennifer said...

Love this post! I love Handley's little dance pictures, and then the one of her pouting during the gingerbread cracks me up. And look at big boy...I love his smiley messy food face. :) So glad he is back on track for you!

Jason, Erin, Ella, and Colin said...

I LOVE Handley's face in the gingerbread picture, so, so cute! I am glad to hear Hudson is doing better with the sweet potatoes:)