Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Christmas at Mimi and Dadaw's

We decided that leaving around bedtime on Christmas night would make the drive to my parents much quicker and easier since the kids would sleep the whole way.  Thankfully, it worked out just as planned.  We rolled in about 2 AM and the kids went right back to sleep till morning.  It was nice to be able to wake up and spend the day visiting with my family instead of in the car.

After having a very sore throat all week I finally gave in and went to an urgent care location yesterday morning.  As I was texting with Jen I told her I knew it was bad when I couldn't even enjoy my wine!  Turns out I do have strep, but I hoping the antibiotics will knock it out soon.

Last night my Dad's family came over for dinner.  It was fun celebrating Christmas with them and getting to catch up.  It was also their first time meeting Hudson.



After they left I put Hudson to bed and the girls got into their PJ's.  It was a special treat for them to get to stay up late and open their gifts. They got doll carriers and tons of clothes and accessories for their new dolls from my parents.


Stefanie has recently taken up crocheting and made all the kids the most adorable hats!


Harper had us all laughing when she opened her FAVORITE gift.  She tossed aside the toy when she saw what was in the bottom of the gift bag...jeans!  She was jumping up and down and was so excited.  She tried them right on and told us it was her favorite gift of the whole night.  I bet we are in trouble for her teenage years when she discovers designer jeans. :-)

1 comment:

Ashleigh Finger said...

How fun!! I love reading about Harper and her jeans! Looks like you had a great Christmas!!