Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Thumb Sucking, Bath Seat, and Eating Out

Harper has become quite the thumb sucker. I actually love this because I don't have to play the dreaded paci game/retrieval.  Today she started doing something new.  While feeding her breakfast she would eat a few bites and then take a break to suck her thumb.  She continued to do this during lunch and dinner too so I decided to snap a picture of her.  It makes for quite a mess, but it sure is cute. 

We are borrowing a bath seat from a neighbor and trying it out for Harper.  Tonight was her first time in it and she really seemed to like it.  

Handley loved it too because it meant she got more room in the bath tub.  
Lastly, I had several people comment or email me about not having been out to eat in months. Let me clarify - I have been to lunch at places like Chick-fil-A or Atlanta Bread Company, but I was referring to being out to eat at a real restaurant for dinner.  Handley is great when we go out and loves eating a restaurants.  Harper is the one who has kept us from going out.  If I let her she'd probably go to bed at 6:30 PM.  She does go to bed by 7:30 which means we'd have to go to dinner really early.  Robby usually works later on Fridays so there is no way we could go on that day.  Saturdays we would be able to go out, but over the summer we've just been super busy and either been out of town or had other plans. We've done take-out or pizza, but I'm hoping we're on a roll now. :-)  I do LOVE going out to eat and now that Harper is able to sit in a high chair it makes it much more enjoyable for all of us.  

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

What a good idea about the bathseat! Harper looks like she is having so much fun in it!

Amy P. said...

Cute, I'm glad she likes it... Matthew wouldn't sit in it again, once he realized it snaps you in and holds you prisoner:)